Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you formula feed **Edit in Red**

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM
  • 32 Replies

I think my baby cannot tolerate regular formula,  He cries and has so much gas after eating and then he spits up a lot, then he is fine untill he goes to spit up agian and then nothing but you can tell the poor little guy is uncomfortable, Anyway they gave him zantac and the gentleease formula and still nothing so I have a can of soy formula I was thinking of tryin.  My daughter had this same problem.. do you think trying the soy would be a good idea?

** He has to have Nutramagin, tryed soy and he screamed all night called the dr to ask what to do and he said to try it and it worked like magic!!!! Go figure this is the formula my daugter ended up having to have****

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madiberry
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM

I was like that too &my mom said she put me on soy formula. I don't think it would hurt to try it. I didn't have a lot of issues with either of my boys. my youngest had a little acid reflux but he's all better now.

Suri2010
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM
I think soy is a very good idea. Sounds like he is lactos intollerant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.thickie.thick.
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM
Harmoni had to be on Soy because of those very reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I used a lactose free formula when I had that problem with my youngest.

Similac Sensitive.

Luvmy2Boys85
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I would try soy it worked with both my sons. I use the organic Earths Best and my baby loves it although it can be pricey.

crystal_1987
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM

My grandma keeps saying he is colicky, I dont think so he can be consoled, you can just tell he is uncomfortable after eating, He cries and fusses and then spits up, then he is fine for awhile and then does the same thing all over agian.  This happens for hours after he eats. 

mommasbabies77
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM
It's def worth a try. However, my son's gastrologist(sp) says that a LOT of kids that have a problem with milk based formulas also have issues with soy based formulas bc our body processes them very much in the same way. So, if the soy doesn't work please don't automatically assume it's not the formula.
crystal_1987
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:23 PM

is there any risk to switching the babys formula?

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Quoting UxorQuodMatris:

I used a lactose free formula when I had that problem with my youngest.

Similac Sensitive.

this is what my dd was on and she still cant have any milk/dairy and shes 2 1/2

AquarianPath
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:26 PM

wish they would come out with almond milk formula.... maybe someday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)