• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG Its another step!!! He can do it!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:17 PM
  • 33 Replies

This ..to most is so small.....Nicky is 8 and has Autism...Tests show he functions at a 4 year old level..He may or may not be able to live alone as an adult.....Yet we have hope.... Tonight....Nicky is hollering from the bath ...so I go..as usual to get him out..and he says "WAIT I will get myself out"..OMG!!! Only took 8 and a half years...lol...every small step is a step closer to independence!!!!!...While he tries there is HOPE..Blessed be all.....

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
threeboys2006
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM

AWESOME!!!! Way to go it is in those little steps that are the biggest wins!!!

Ty_n_JadiesMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Kudos to Nicky! I am so very proud for him and you Mom! Way to go!

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I am actually jumping in my seat for you (DH is giving me looks). I am so happy for you and him!! YAY!!!!! Every step, no matter how small, is always a leap for our children!

Just_Bethy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM

LOL..Yes it seems such a small odd thing to care about..lol..but I was wondering if I would still be getting him out when he was 16!..It's just one more step to a real LIFE for him...And maybe by sharing..other mothers will know there is always hope that their own kids might make these same little but oh so important steps.!!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Absolutely fabulous news!  WTG Nicky :)

superflyinlove
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:26 PM
Congrats! Im sure ure a very proud momma as u should be!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aoaks2009
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:26 PM

way to go

Stepof5mom1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Way to go!

kuntrygurll
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Yay Nicky it is hearing stories like your's that give us hope. While our son Shawn doesn't have Autism and isn't 8 he has a brain disorder and has Myotonic Dystrophy he is almost 2 and can't walk yet he tries but he isn't strong enough we were happy when he learned to sit up when he was about 13 months. I am so proud of your son those little things most take for granted but they are such big steps for our kids who may never do them so of course it is a big deal!!!

MPWifeJessicia
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:28 PM

That's great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)