Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okie dokie!So don't buy your kid a happy meal........

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM
  • 52 Replies

McDonald’s sued over inclusion of toys in happy meals

Bookmark and Share
Sarah Bennett, 4, eats a McDonald's Happy Meal in Renton, Wash. in April. McDonald's is being sued over its inclusion of toys in Happy Meals, as opponents claim that the restaurant is using the toy, not the meal, to sell its food. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren, file)

A food industry watchdog group is threatening to take McDonald’s to court over its practice of including toys with Happy Meals.

The Center for Science in the Public Interest announced Tuesday that it will file a lawsuit against McDonald’s, calling the practice of marketing toys with junk food “illegal” under consumer protection laws in Massachusetts, Texas , the District of Columbia, New Jersey and California.

“Dangling a toy in front of a kid to try to get them into your restaurant is unfair and deceptive, because it’s targeted at kids who are what? Four years old? Six years old? Who don’t even understand the concept of advertising,” Michael Jacobson, executive director of CSPI, said in an interview with ABC News’ Yunji de Nies.

“It’s not just a meal. It’s the technique you’re using to get kids to buy a meal,” he said.

We should be in awe at the gift of having children rather than obsessed by our rights as a mother!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bam_Bam
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:25 PM
Kids don't buy happy meals...lol and ALL fast food places have toys in kids meals. They need to try again...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:26 PM
fail
Daemons_mommy

*facepalm*

LilahandElliot

That is soooo stupid!! The toy may be what makes the child want it more... but it's the parents that are allowing their children to eat it. 

.thickie.thick.
Parents can easily say 'no' to the child wanting one. And like a PP said all fast food places have toys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:26 PM

I hate the stupid toys.  So if we do go I order a ten piece chicken nugget, two orders of apple dippers and two milks and my kids split the nuggets.....Cheaper and no stupid toy that ends up in the garbage. 

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:27 PM

I'm going to sue them for making their fries taste too damn good.

It's their fault I got fat.

mykidsrock234

My kids usually just want the toy and not the food lol

bigmommasmomma

LOL

pixie_trix
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Small children do not take themselves to McDonalds. Walk up to the counter, order their food, pay for it and then go eat it.

Someone ...mmmmmm .. let's see... who could it be..... mmmmmmmm...Oh yeah.. the PARENTS take kids there, buy the food and give it to their kids.

Don't want your kid eating McDonalds. Don't buy it for them. It's that simple.  Don't blame McDonald's (proven to work time and time again) marketing on your inablity it say no to your kid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)