Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever wish?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am curious. This is for those of us who have a DH that has had a vasectomy. Do you ever wish that he wouldn't have got one? I don't know if it is the prospect of my youngest going to school in August or what but I am so feeling the want of another baby. Ugh! DH and I weren't supposed to have children and 10 years into our marriage we had our first DS. They told us to enjoy him because we would never do it again. WRONG! One year and twenty days later we had our second DS. We used condoms but we ended up pregnant anyway. DH and I didn't want to bite more off than we could chew financially so he opted for a vasectomy. I can't take BC pills for health reasons. Now, three years later I kind of wish we could have another. Just wondering if anyone felt the same way.

*Edit* Sorry ladies. I should have included those of you that have opted for a tubal. Sorry. Please consider this. Do you want another child or regret getting the tubal?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mommy2519
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:27 PM

i have 4 kids ages 4,3,2, 8 months...i have my tubes tied and already i wish i didnt do it...i know you asked about dhs but same thing...not saying that i want another but i dont like that if in few years i really do want another child i pretty much cant...

Ty_n_JadiesMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:29 PM

It's totally the same thing. Sorry I should have included it in my question. I don't know why I am wanting another baby. We are now just sleeping through the night. LOL I am no spring chicken either. LOL

fairymom2316
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM

BUMP!

Ty_n_JadiesMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Thanks fairymom for the BUMP but I am so used to this. I post something on here and get views but no responses. The most responses that I have ever receive in over a year and a half is 23. I am used to it. I thought that some other ladies might be in my shoes or have been there. I guess not. Thanks again though.

Cymbeline
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:12 PM

I have three children and had a tubal. I wish the same thing often, and have even considered a reversal.

Ty_n_JadiesMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:14 PM

My husband said that he would try a reversal but I don't want to put him through that. I think that I am just having baby blues or something. LOL

Cymbeline
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Quoting Ty_n_JadiesMom:

My husband said that he would try a reversal but I don't want to put him through that. I think that I am just having baby blues or something. LOL

From what I read, reversals for men are fairly simple... lol

Vandyswife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:22 PM

neither of us are yet. but we have both decided that two is our max. Financially it would be irresponsibile for us to have more.

anetrnlov
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I will never have a tubal, I physically cannot make myself do that.  I know how completely crazy that sounds but the idea of someone taking away my ability to have children sends me into panic attacks.  I use to hate when my OB would try to talk me into it because I've had 3 c-sections.

Eric hasn't had a vasectomy yet....he said for years he was going to, needed to, etc but he's never done it and I am glad because we are now talking about having number 4 in a few years.  I honestly don't know if he will ever have it done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)