Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:08 AM
  • 10 Replies
When a child is born everyone says they are comforted by there mothers heart beat etc.. At what point does that not comfort them or at what point do they forget what you sound like? Just curious laying in bed and thought of this..,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.thickie.thick.
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Hmmm...I know I have to beg & bribe harmoni to lay on me lol =[
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:14 AM
Lol paisley will sometimes lean on me in bed at bedtime but that's it. I guess I just wonder does she ever hold me and think mmm that sound lol I'm at home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
judybant
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:16 AM

my 7 year old still likes to lay on me. He'll lay perpendicular to me on the bed or the floor, with his ear on my side. He always mentions that he can hear my heartbeat, and he only does it when he's tired, or not feeling well. (needs comfort)

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:17 AM

My 8 year old still gets comforted by the sound of my heartbeat, as do my 5 and 3 year olds.

.thickie.thick.
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Kaaaay...officially jealous of all the mommas above! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellasmom_01
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:22 AM
My dd who is 8 still likes to cuddle so she can hear my heart beeping(love that) especially when she's feeling unsure of something or not feeling well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waynesgurl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:24 AM

well i am only 19 but my son will be a year old in about 2 weeks but to answer your question my son isnt comforted by mine anymore and he stopped it around 6 or 7 months old.

Sirenabella
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:38 AM

My son is 7 and still likes to cuddle up and listen to my heartbeat when we watch movies or read stories.

collegemama2one
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:39 AM

My DD is 2 and still does it.

angel6898
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:44 AM

I think that a child never really gets over the mother's heatbeat... It gives them comfort and it always will... God bless you... Angel 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)