• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP, FIREEEEEEEE!!!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:13 AM
  • 24 Replies

I am on fire!! Or at least it feels that way. We spent 4 hours at the beach today and this is the first real sun exposure I've gotten this summer. Every year I will burn a little bit, but that fades and then I get pretty brown. I am 28 weeks pregnant so lots of medications are out. While pregnant with my daughter 3 summers ago I got the worst sunburn of my life - blisters and misery :( I've always heard that when one's eggo is preggo, sun sensitivity is common, but it didn't seem to effect me during my first two pregnancies...just these last two. I'm not as miserable as a few years ago, but it's pretty bad. The kids got brown, with a little bit of pink, but nothing like red and painful Mama, THANK GOODNESS.

Any tried and true, safe remedies for getting the burn and/or red out?

Thanks in advance!!

and btw, yes, I did wear sunscreen (50 spf even). This is just insane!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhyne
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:15 AM
Lotion with Aleo Vera. Take a cool bath with oatmeal, I've heard it helps soothe it, but never tried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
party_of_5
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Get some Aloe Vera gel with lidocaine in it. It will sort of numb it. Also you can use vinegar on the burn.

Misurromommy

Milk. Helps me. 

i.heart.rachel

I spent 9 hours at a craft show today. SO not cool. I'm burnt like a lobster even after putting sunscreen on like every hour! 

I use aloe. It helps.

CharityTipton

aloe vera gel is better for something like this. it cools it as well as helps get the heat out. plus smells good and is good for your skin.

HereWeGoAgain9
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Thank you SO much! I've been using aloe, but it seems to only work for a few minutes before the sting is back, followed by painful burning.  Hopefully if I keep applying it will help!

I.heart.Rachel - I hope you feel better, too!!

Milk....hmm....do I soak in milk? Apply it with a sponge? Never heard that one but I am so willing to try almost anything right now!

First_One_8_18
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Vinegar takes the heat out.

Kina2308
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Aloe is always a great thing.  I almost shower in the stuff cause I burn so bad.  I normally put it on really thick, let it dry and then add another normal amount again.  When I start to feel warm I do it over again, I also think that eating something cold (I prefer ice pops) seems to help with the burning feeling.  Best of luck momma....I'm a redhead with ghost white skin so I understand the pain.

StructuredChaos
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Cornhuskers Lotion.  Nioxin Scalp Therapy or Tea Tree Conditioner.  Solarcaine spray.

HereWeGoAgain9
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:24 AM

You all are awesome!! Desperately searching cabinets for any of these remedies :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)