Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

religion and abortions.... interesting question....

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:20 AM
  • 11 Replies

i saw an eppisode on svu that made me think of a question...

so, this couple are catholic, and as we all know, the catholic religion says absolutly no to abortion..... and they are devoted catholics.....

anywhos, she gets raped, and aborts the baby..... the cops request a warrent to get the babies blood, cause there is debate about if she raped the guy, or the guy raped her, and want the babies dna...

anywhos, the couple does not want them to do this(not sure why, but oh well) so they envoke something about religious rights to barry the child and stop them from getting dna...

anywhos, i just dont get how you can have an abortion one day, then try to evoke a religiouse thing the next to stop the cops from doing there job.... do you think thats right? how can you ignore your religioun one day, and want special treatment the next?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Hm, interesting.... Some people are just twisted like that.

Sirenabella
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM

It would seem wrong if you (universal) hadn't run into many such things in religion.

ariesp19
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Quoting Chaotic_Rayne:

Hm, interesting.... Some people are just twisted like that.

im all for living your life how you see fit and such, but to me, if your in a religion and fallow that religion, and judge others by that religion(from my experiance, you cant help but judge people by how you judge yourself)then how can you ignore it one day, only to want special treatment the next?

just confuses me

CafeMom Tickers

MoonNStars
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:33 AM

I couldn't but that is me.  There are always people who are ok with bending their faith to meet their wants and desires.

ariesp19
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM

see, i know that each religion, and each subset of religion has different 'rules' but at the same time, ive never known catholics to bend the abortion rule(well.... we all know it happends, but you know what im trying to say, lol)
anywhos.... im up in the air on what i am... but even then, i can see a catholic 'understanding' and such if someone else did, but its just confusing as to how someone can pick and chose like that.... then condem people fordoing the same(like having an abortion)

ive known people like that

Quoting MoonNStars:

I couldn't but that is me.  There are always people who are ok with bending their faith to meet their wants and desires.

CafeMom Tickers

paganbaby
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:59 AM

BUMP!

judybant
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:59 AM

ummm... it was a tv show.... scripted.... not necessarily real... but the answers to your how can they question is, ever hear the word "hypocrite"?

serioussifL
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I think that some people have their own interpretation of their faith/the Bible. Just like how some Christians are okay with homosexuality or gay marriage. Its okay to have your own interpretation of what is ok... Besides, thats what is the difference between most Christian religions (catholic, baptist, presbyterian etc), right?

ariesp19
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:11 AM

i know its a show... but it did make a valid point... i mean, should the legal system still bend the rules for a couple who are 'catholic' yet just had an abortion....

i guess what im asking, is if this happend in real life(and im sure it does all the time)do you think they should still get that legal loophole? the religiouse one?

Quoting judybant:

ummm... it was a tv show.... scripted.... not necessarily real... but the answers to your how can they question is, ever hear the word "hypocrite"?

CafeMom Tickers

LadyIsobel
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:25 AM

My first thought is was she really raped?

Or was that something that claimed to have happened in order for her to have an abortion?

Not that she shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)