Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dogs as lawn ornaments

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM
  • 5 Replies

I personally disagree with keeping a dog outside 24/7. It works for some people, but it just bothers me. What about you?

I know somebody planning to get a husky. He lives in the dessert, and he is planning on keeping the thing tied to a dog run and outside 24/7, in the intense heat and well below freezing temperatures. It bothers me because he is horrible with animals... he doesnt have any patience to teach them but expects them to know everything. I just hope he never comes up with the thousands of dollars he wants to pay for a purebred and uses the money to help pay for food and bills like he hasnt done for the past 4 years. I would voice my opinions to him if he didnt act like such a whiny angry child. Ok, rant over.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
serioussifL
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:02 AM

BUMP!

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Ohhhhhhhh!They told my son not get a husky cause our weather is not good for them.How is one going to survive in the desert?

serioussifL
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:07 AM

I have no idea. I dont think it will, especially if he buys it as a puppy like he wants to. He says there are a few in his neighborhood, and assumes they are acclimated. But I doubt the guy keeps them outside 24/7.

Quoting laranadtony:

Ohhhhhhhh!They told my son not get a husky cause our weather is not good for them.How is one going to survive in the desert?

serioussifL
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:55 PM

BUMP!

my_ladybug
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:01 PM

I think it's cruel to leave a pet outside 24/7,especially in extreme temperatures.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)