Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about large MCX's(Marine Corps Exhange for those not familiar)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

We are buying DD an new car seat soon. 3 questions.

Do large MCX's sell car seats?(skip next 2 if the answer is no)

If yes, do they let you try them in your car before you buy them to be sure they fit like Babies'R'Us does?

If not, can you return it if it doesn't fit?

Thanks so much! If ours does sell them and their power is back on tomorrow, we are going to buy one tomorrow. If they have one of the two I have been researching.

EDIT: Ok. Their power is finally back on and they do have car seats so we're about to go right now and see if they have the one we are looking for. They said they have a decent selection so, here's to hoping.

marineswashing dishesbaby girl

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom2ljh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:10 AM

I'm sure they probably do.  We have a large MCX here not far from the NEX and I think they have a small baby section.  The large CGX doesn't sell them though, which sucks.  Anyhow, I don't know if they'd let you try it but they'll let you return it.  
Just a forewarning though, the NEX is HUGE and is has incredibly limited selection so I can't imagine the MCX would have much. 

emmiesmommy1109
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Quoting mom2ljh:

I'm sure they probably do.  We have a large MCX here not far from the NEX and I think they have a small baby section.  The large CGX doesn't sell them though, which sucks.  Anyhow, I don't know if they'd let you try it but they'll let you return it.  
Just a forewarning though, the NEX is HUGE and is has incredibly limited selection so I can't imagine the MCX would have much. 

DH said they have them but I've never been to this one. It's like a small mall. I've been to the small one on the Air Station but they don't even have a baby section at all. At least, not that I saw.

The only other military store I've been to was when I went to visit my sister on family day for the Army after basic graduation and that place was huge but I didn't really pay attention to what all they had.

marineswashing dishesbaby girl

nemiller
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:20 AM

the largest MCX i've been to was at miramar and they had a baby section, but i can't remember seeing carseats (that wasn't why i was there, lol).  you could call ahead and ask them the questions, i guess.  i don't know if you can return a carseat in an opened box, but they might let you try the display model in your car to see how it fits.

emmiesmommy1109
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:26 AM

BUMP!

tarinah
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:30 AM

every one i have been 2 has a really small selection, maybe 1 or 2 seats to choose from.  Personally i wouldnt buy a seat there just cause they seem to be overpriced.  I seriously doubt they would let you take it out to your car to try it.  If i were  you i would go somewhere else

emmiesmommy1109
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:16 PM

BUMP for edit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)