Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

poll about your kids.. comments welcome =o)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:05 AM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Does your preteen/teen or any age get an attitude with you? Are they verbal/opinionated? Do they confuse their opinions for facts? if so please do share.. what do they do and what do you do about it? Thanks

Options:

attitude yes

verbal/opinionated yes

confuses opinions for facts. YES

all of the above

Nope! none of the above

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

Does your preteen/teen or any age, get an attitude with you? Are they very verbal/opinionated? Do they confuse their opinions for facts?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wiferichie
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:07 AM

i dont have a teen/preteen yet, but i can definately answer for how i was when i was a teenager.... my poor mom....

fallen_angel231
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:10 AM
Can't vote but #4 and my kids are only 5 and 9. I'm not looking forward to them being teens! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MioriLane
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:16 AM

I'm constantly having to remind him that he doesn't already know everything!  He seems to think that if he hasn't already heard something I tell him from another source, that it can't be true. 

If he glanced around a room trying to find something and didn't see it, it just isn't there.  If I then lift a shirt or pillow or whatever and the thing is found, somehow it's not his fault because, "I looked in there already!"

I swear he was so much more logical before he turned 13!

Stepof5mom1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:18 AM

All of the above lol

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:19 AM

i cant vote my kids are 9,7,5,2 and to be honest im sure the heck isnt looking for to the teens yet..

LadyBug.Love
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:21 AM

sounds like my DH lol

Quoting MioriLane:

I'm constantly having to remind him that he doesn't already know everything!  He seems to think that if he hasn't already heard something I tell him from another source, that it can't be true. 

If he glanced around a room trying to find something and didn't see it, it just isn't there.  If I then lift a shirt or pillow or whatever and the thing is found, somehow it's not his fault because, "I looked in there already!"

I swear he was so much more logical before he turned 13!

MrsReed09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:25 AM

My 5 year old step son has a bad attitude. Wants to argue about everything.

pixie_trix
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Let's see.. Geez, with an 18 year old, I have experienced just about all of those things on one level or another.. lol

Attitude.. Check.  the attitude reared it's head around 13.  It never got really bad though. We were very proactive in telling our son that once puberty hit, some of these things would happen. Mainly due to hormones/the mood swings that go along with those, and the fact that he was growing up and testing the waters.. But also making it clear, that those waters would only be tested sooo much and be tolerated. lol....   Knowing what was going on with him, I think, helped him to try and quell his need to let his little attitude show. But 15 he had pretty good control over his attitude and not letting it get out of hand.

Verbal/Opinionated... Check...  We have always encouraged our son to be verbal and opinionated though.. But with the understanding of: have an idea what you are talking about before you are going to be overly verbal/opinionated about a subject. We have been that way his whole life with him. So as a teen. He has been verbal and opinionated, but damn it the kid always seems to have his ducks in a row and know what he's talking about.. Why oh why did we ever teach him to learn about the world and it's crazy going ons.. .LOL  All joking aside, I actually like that my son is verbal/opinionated and knows what he is talking about. Our apartment manager made the comment the other day that sometimes he forgets that my son is only 18 due to the conversations he has.. I enjoy having those deep convos with him too.

Confusing facts/opinions.. Nay... This one we didn't deal with.  My son has always, since elementary school when he first starting learning about fact-v-opinion, very staunchy about making sure the difference is known. And even commenting when classmates (even from elementary level) didn't get the difference between the two.. He's a very analytical thinker like I am. Using facts to form an opinion.. Another thing I am pretty proud of..

The teen years definitely have their battles and headaches  :-)

Vandyswife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:30 AM

lol, my DD is 15 months old, and I could answer YES to ever single one of those...

OH LORD, im in for it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)