Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you shop here?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:12 AM
  • 90 Replies

My husband and I just opened a kid's consignment shop/retail boutique and I just want everyone's opinion on our store. For those who don't know what a consignment shop is, it is a resale shop that sells gently used, brand name clothing, toys, shoes, maternity wear at great prices. You can also bring in items for cash or store credit and make money. Our shop also offers boutique bows and clothing. I was just wondering if you would shop here? We have only been open a month. We have had some amazing days and some not so great. I know we just have to get the word out and advertise, but I sometimes get discouraged. Thoughts?

Our Storefront

Inside the store.

Dressing room and my temporary bow display.

NEW bow display I made yesterday.

BRAND NEW boutique clothing from Remember Nguyen.

So, would you shop here?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CallieLynsMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:14 AM

I would, it looks cute! I think you should put a few paintings up on the white wall though, it looks a bit bare! Cute bows!

AEN22
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:15 AM

OMG! i soooo want that bouncy horse for my ds! cant find anything like it around here...lol yes i would shop there. i love garage saleing and i am always looking for a bargain,lol

CallieLynsMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Also, I think you should get a window display with some mannequins. We have a consignment shop near my mom's house and they have a nice display with some mannequins, they put the nicest things on them to draw people in! You could even display your bows on them too!

itsallabtthem84
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Quoting CallieLynsMommy:

I would, it looks cute! I think you should put a few paintings up on the white wall though, it looks a bit bare! Cute bows!

serioussifL
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Sure, why not? Perhaps decorate the walls a bit more, with outfits hanging up, cute posters, or paintings of kids things (like blocks, ABCs or animals)?

ABMommy

I would probably come in to look at the bow and then take a quick look through the clothes. Our Once Upon A Child has a HUGE selection of clothes, toys, infant/baby gear, outdoor play stuff, etc. It will just take time to build up! Maybe for a short while offer a special like double punches on a card for every $5 you buy in from customers bringing items in. In turn, the card when fully punched can offer 10% - 20% off their total whenever they want to do some shopping in there!

2009navywife

I would. It looks cute. 

mykidsrock234
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:18 AM

I would definitely check it out! The consignment shops around here are kind of overpriced IMO.. I don't want to pay over $5 for a used shirt lol.

alberns303

I just think the walls look a little bare on the inside! Maybe you could get one of those cute chalkboard things for the sidewalk outside during the hours you are open. I love consignment shops!!!

Vandyswife

heck yes i would.

we have one here, but its pricy... i call to sell some of DDs old clothes, and they would only give me like 10-50 cents per item. when i went in they were selling these items from 1-10 dollars... CRAZY... soo i decided id get more bang for my buck on Craigslist.. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)