Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help from anyone who has dealt with childrens services.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:27 AM
  • 44 Replies

Someone (I think I know who) called children's services on me last week. The lady came out and checked the house and gave me a few things to do. There were no big problems, I had to buy a co detector, make sure the ash trays were picked up, just silly little things. Anyway, she told me she would come back next week and do another check. When she comes back and sees that I have done everything she asked, then what happens?

The state website says they have 60 days to conclude the case, but if everything is done when she comes back does that mean they will close the case then?

I am so afraid that something bad is going to happen and this woman is going to take my babies away from me, I just want to make sure I do everything right. She told me when she was here that she could see that I am a good mother and I shouldn't worry, but that doesn't mean I won't worry anyway. Please, if you pray, say a little one for my family to keep us together and we get through this without going insane.

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, Gummy bears are chasing me, one is red, one is blue, one is peeing on my shoe, now I'm running for my life, 'cuz the red one has a knife.

PS: Bash my opinion if you like, I don't return to "Hot Topic" posts after having my say anyway.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Just do what they say and they will go away.

creneep83
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:38 AM

just do what they say, they'll go away....why that person called CPS? what for?

MomofTREandP
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:39 AM

I know a few people who have had CPS called on them, and SHOULD have had their kids taken away, but they weren't. They all followed the list of what needed to be done by the time the social worker returned and nothing happened. So you probably have nothing to worry about.

Vandyswife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:40 AM

just do what they told you to do, ad they will go away. unless theres something you arent telling us, then it sounds like no big deal

mom2mandjax
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:43 AM

They said my house is in shambles. The report said that there are dirty diapers all over the floor, smells of cat pee, dirty dishes piled all over sink and counters.

The worst thing wrong with my house is that there are a bajillion toys everywhere because I have a 4YO who takes them out and leaves them wherever she is standing at that minute. Or dishes from one meal being in the sink because I didn't have time to do them right away.

Please understand that my house is not dirty at all, a little cluttered at times but it is not horrible.

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Hang in there momma.  If there is no fuel there is no fire and they'll conclude the investigation portion of their job.  You may receive follow up phone calls to see how things are going but that should be it.

Why do you think that person called them?  Did the worker share with you what the complaint entailed?

roseberrymatrix
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Most of them just close the case until there is an open court case for custody. You won't have to deal with them until she see's a dentist, it could take anywhere fro 2 days to a few weeks to get her in as a new patient. They may call for a 'follow up' or if they think you need county/community services such as daycare vouchers or something.

mom2mandjax
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Bumping for input from the day time ladies!

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:36 PM

i wouldn't worry much at all i've never dealt with it but my mom did and our house when i was little WAS WAY TOOO MESSY

Luvmy2Boys85
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:36 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)