• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

iud anyone...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:35 AM
  • 11 Replies
Ok so I have had the iud since April well I noticed I have been bleeding every other week and now I've been cramping and everytime I bleed I get nauseous and light headed should I call an talk to ny infinitely about this ps sry for mistakes my phone makes em and sometimes I miss em
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my3boys0710
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:36 AM
Sorry my obgyn not infinitely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azpreemiemom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Which one do you have? The IUD might not be for you. You may want to consider getting the other one or having it removed and using a different form of birth control. I had the Mirena and had no bleeding with it.

SerenityRose
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:40 AM

I had my son Dec 18th 2009. Got an iud in March 2010, got my first period (since baby) a few days within getting the iud. Then it went away!! Every once in a while I do get very light cramping (but no period) my doc said it's normal but if the cramping gets real bad and lasts for a while to come in. just call and ask.

MaMa2Azriel
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Hmm...I've had my Mirena since May and at first (first month or so) I cramped really bad and bled for about two weeks for my period.  Now I think I'm skipping this next one :(  IUDs tend to mess with your body.  I'd make an appt with your OB and have it checked. 

ljpaszek
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:47 AM
I have had paraguard non hormonal for over 2 1/2 years. I've never had any problems my periods come normal I get a small cramping the first day and that's my only side effect. I have heard of bad side effects with Mirena from my friends who had it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my3boys0710
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:51 AM
Yes its a mirena ... illness calling,Monday thx ladies

Quoting ljpaszek:

I have had paraguard non hormonal for over 2 1/2 years. I've never had any problems my periods come normal I get a small cramping the first day and that's my only side effect. I have heard of bad side effects with Mirena from my friends who had it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my3boys0710
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:51 AM
Gah stupid phone ill be calling Monday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kriket2004
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:53 AM

i have the mirena in for almost 3 years and in the beginning my doctor told me i could have spirratic bleeding and cramping from 6 months to a year...luckily it only lasted a day...she said it depends on the woman

Patriotsgrl84
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:54 AM

I have paraguard.  my period only last 2-3 days tops, but it is heavier than it was before...so really no win or loss...you need to talk to your obgyn...

manda14311
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:44 PM
idk I just got mine last week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)