Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate this stupid war.. *vent*

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:25 AM
  • 15 Replies

Ok not really, I understand our guys are there for a reason, they are helping people who need it. Tonight is just one of those sucky I miss my DF nights. I hate it that he has to be away for months at a time and I hate that even when he's not deployed he STILL has to go over there for missions every month. Every month! There is no break in his job.

I knew this when I met him. I knew this when he asked me to marry him. I knew this when I said yes, I will leave behind everything I have ever known, I will leave all my family and all my friends to pack up our son and move across the country with him.

I just dont know how to do this anymore. I know this probably sounds whiney and pathetic and please dont judge me I just need to get this out. He is my best friend. I've never loved someone like I love him and it tears me apart for him to be gone like this. Our son never knows when he's going to wake up if Daddy is going to be there or not. He's three, he doesnt understand it. He's been asking me lately, "Why did Daddy leave us?" "Why doesnt Daddy live with us anymore?". I tell him every day that Daddy still loves him and Daddy is coming home but he doesnt understand.

Ok, vent over. Just needed to get it out. Its late and there is no one else to listen.

Photobucket

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2gud2btrue
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:28 AM

i hate it too.  i'm really sorry you are having a hard time right now.  i hope you feel better :(

MZ.ZAPATA1015
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:31 AM

girl its ok to vent im pretty sure id be the same way if my husbands job was like that also...

TattooedMommy04
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:37 AM

I know its hard. *Hugs* Maybe explain to your son in the best way possible the exact reason why daddy has to be away. When my son was 3, I explained to him that I am apart of the Army. The Army protects everyone from bad people. I have to away because they need me to help protect everyone and keep everyone safe. Its hard to explain such a complex thing to such a little person who does not and can not comprehend something such as war. But I found that while I explained it to him in the best way that I could so that he could somewhat understand it, it helped him deal with me being gone a little bit better. And of course as he gets older, he will have a better understanding of why daddy isn't there.

mstricey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:42 AM

I'm sorry you're feeling down. But, this is off topic. Do you recieve any benefits or anything by being engaged? How does that work?

Ashley728
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:43 AM

I'm so sorry, hun. I don't even know what to say. Stay strong, you're doing a great job! Im SO very thankful for our service men and women...AND the spouses such as yourself for supporting them!

If you ever need to chat, or vent! Don't hesitate to send me a message :)

Michele362
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:51 AM

I am sorry you are feeling this way but  it is normal every once in awhile. My husband was deployed to Iraq and there were nights I felt the same way. The night time is always the worst time because you are done with the business of the day and have time to sit and think. It is also hard on the kids my daughter was your sons age when my husband was deployed and she had a hard time with it. At one point she saw a guy in uniform in the apartment complex that we lived in and asked him if he was her daddy. We had to explain to the guy that my husband was gone and had been gone for a few months and that she associated the uniform with her daddy. After that I started pulling out all the pictures of my husband and when she would ask about him we would look at the pictures together and talk about him. This seemed to help her until he came home. I have also used the picture trick to help her get to know her grandparents better as well as we live far enough away that she only gets to see them a couple times a year. She is six now and has a fairly good relationship with them so we no longer have to do that.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Quoting mstricey:

I'm sorry you're feeling down. But, this is off topic. Do you recieve any benefits or anything by being engaged? How does that work?

lol Nope,not from being engaged. The kiddo gets medical, shopping at the BX & Commissary. But since he's three and technically cant shop for himself they gave me an agent card to do the shopping for him since DF is deployed.

Photobucket

mstricey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:55 AM

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting mstricey:

lol Nope,not from being engaged. The kiddo gets medical, shopping at the BX & Commissary. But since he's three and technically cant shop for himself they gave me an agent card to do the shopping for him since DF is deployed.

Ohh okay. Thanks

kennethsmom910
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:00 AM
My three year old misses his daddy too. Daddy dolls work very well for little ones! Kenneth has slept with his every night since Matt left for Afghanistan.I know how you feel. My hubby is my best friend and I am having a terrible week. Hope things get better for you and he comes home safe and soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scootermom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Quoting Ashley728:

I'm so sorry, hun. I don't even know what to say. Stay strong, you're doing a great job! Im SO very thankful for our service men and women...AND the spouses such as yourself for supporting them!

If you ever need to chat, or vent! Don't hesitate to send me a message :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)