Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its cleaner???

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:38 AM
  • 23 Replies

Can anyone explain to me how circumcised boys are cleaner than intact boys, and how is it easier to care for? And why is it that in other countries they have no problems with there foreskin, but here in the US the first suggestion to a little infection is to cut it off?? And does the look of it really matter to you as there MOTHER?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:42 AM

supposedly its because stuff and junk gets stuck under the extra skin, if they are circumcised they are "cleaner"

its ok in other countries because I guess they don't see it the same way we do over here.

I didn't circumcise my son because I personally didnt want him to go through the pain. But I could care less

SweetCakes
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:42 AM

i have two boys and neither of them are circumsized. The way i see it...What gives me the right to decide to put my newborn into surgery that isnt needed. When they get old and decide they want it done by all means i will talk it over with them and if they are certain i will pay for it. But it's un-needed in most situations. I see nothing wrong with them not being circumsized and imo it's not hard to keep clean. PLUS! my boys shouldn't be showing their private parts to everyone out there so why does it matter what it looks like lol. A penis isnt gorgeous to begin with. Why try to "beautify" it? lol

rmfanfgljf
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:45 AM

Quoting SweetCakes:

i have two boys and neither of them are circumsized. The way i see it...What gives me the right to decide to put my newborn into surgery that isnt needed. When they get old and decide they want it done by all means i will talk it over with them and if they are certain i will pay for it. But it's un-needed in most situations. I see nothing wrong with them not being circumsized and imo it's not hard to keep clean. PLUS! my boys shouldn't be showing their private parts to everyone out there so why does it matter what it looks like lol. A penis isnt gorgeous to begin with. Why try to "beautify" it? lol

that's what I don't get, but some reasoning's for mothers to do it to there newborn son is because it just looks better.

CFWife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:45 AM

Antibiotics are overused.  So its better to chop off a little skin.

Totally sarcastic.

Religious reasons I can *maybe* understand (Im not religious)  but it looks pretty like my hubbys is just GAH!

CFWife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:46 AM

My kids penis is not mine to mess with.  He can get it done later in life if he wants to look nice. LOL

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Quoting SweetCakes:

that's what I don't get, but some reasoning's for mothers to do it to there newborn son is because it just looks better.

SweetCakes
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:47 AM

oh i know. I ask DH what he wanted to do because i was against it but let him have his opinion and he too thinks it's just kinda crazy. A lot of people say they cant believe i didn't get them circumsized..and i never understand why! It's not life threatening or anything..lol

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Quoting SweetCakes:

MichelleO2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:48 AM
Well my friend got cervical cancer from dirt they couldn't see stuck in her husbands foreskin. When you are not circumsized you have to constantly clean your penis and make sure you pull the skin back while cleaning and drying. If you don't it can lead to infection & other things. Plus when they are older I have been told by guys that weren't circumsized that they don't get pleasure out of sex unless their skin is pulled back. When your circumsized you don't have to worry about al that stuff. Sorry if there are errors i'm on my phone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetlePea
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:50 AM

I didnt have my son circumcised.. Hes never had any problem with it. Hes 6 now.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:51 AM

what guys lied to you?! lol. the skin gets pulled back by the vagina when having sex. and actually circumcising cuts nerves that can make sex more pleasurable when they get older. and what's the problem with having to clean your penis the right way? some guys are just lazy and just wanna stick it wherever whenever. 

Quoting MichelleO2:

Well my friend got cervical cancer from dirt they couldn't see stuck in her husbands foreskin. When you are not circumsized you have to constantly clean your penis and make sure you pull the skin back while cleaning and drying. If you don't it can lead to infection & other things. Plus when they are older I have been told by guys that weren't circumsized that they don't get pleasure out of sex unless their skin is pulled back. When your circumsized you don't have to worry about al that stuff. Sorry if there are errors i'm on my phone

SweetlePea
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:53 AM

um.. How do you get cancer with dirt from a penis?

Quoting MichelleO2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)