Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes I hate being so pathetic...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:54 AM
  • 7 Replies

I hate not having any friends, my husband went to meet some of his friends tonight, which I am fine with, I am just emotional and lonely and sick of this damn social disorder keeping me down.

Click to Join!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CFWife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Me too... sometimes.  But Im also antisocial and do not get along well with others, so its understandable.

I just dont do well with stupid people. :(

Have you tried anything like medications or therapy to help?

pinkbrooklyn
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Sorry to hear that.  What social disorder do you have?  Is this part of the reason why you want to have a lot of kids? 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:57 AM

Are there any outlets for the anxiety in your area? Do you like to paint or create things?  I dont like being at home or being around people i know so either way it stinks.

college.mom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Actually no it doesnt.  I have severe social anxiety, I have anxiety attacks in public, especially when it comes to me being the focus like ordering food or trying to meet someone new.  Since we moved to Denver and I know no one here its extremely difficult for me to make friends.  I was on zoloft before I got pregnant but zoloft without therapy doesnt help. I dont have the nerve to go to therapy because I will back out at the last minute due to fear. 

Quoting pinkbrooklyn:

Sorry to hear that.  What social disorder do you have?  Is this part of the reason why you want to have a lot of kids? 

Click to Join!

FL2AK
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Sorry that you are having a hard time. 

college.mom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:03 AM

I am creatively challenged but I crave an outlet in that area if that makes sense lol.  There are social anxiety groups but I dont have the nerve to do it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Are there any outlets for the anxiety in your area? Do you like to paint or create things?  I dont like being at home or being around people i know so either way it stinks.

Click to Join!

scootermom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Quoting FL2AK:

Sorry that you are having a hard time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)