Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you are a Christian who believes in being a submissive wife.....

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:30 AM
  • 42 Replies

Please help me...

So my husband is a Christian man by name but he doesnt really practice it if that makes sense? like he believes in God but doesnt really pray, study the Word, care if we go to church or anything like that. 

So I homeschool my children and I was looking into watching a child as well to get a little extra money and.. I just really want to! My husband doesnt want more kids and I do so I thought this was the perfect solution. Well my husband doesnt want me homeschooling AND he doesnt want me watching kids.. he told me today I will NOT be able to watch this child that I want to watch once the school year starts. he said he wont allow me to. If I want to homeschool Im not allowed to do both. He also was saying he wants to put my kids in a school and I will have to drive them to and from each day. He wont put them in the school district we reside in so I will be driving approx. 30min to get them to school. I have narcolepsy and can NOT safely drive that distance!

I know he has authority over me though and I know hes suppose to have the ultimate decision but hes not following whats best for anyone but himself! I prayed and prayed before homeschooling my children and I felt God leading me in that direction. My kids went to a private school at the time (which we are not able to afford now) and through prayer have been lead to homeschool.

Anyway, I dont know what to do. Am I just suppose to submit to him and do as he says even though its not safe for me and definitely not whats best for my children??? please someone help me out with this! I want to be a submissive wife but there are some instances where it just doesnt seem right!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmchoney
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:35 AM

the whole point of being submissve to ur husband is that he would not be doing that if was going the right thing as head of household. Therefore u are allowed to "take over" and do what is best for ur family since ur husband is unbale to do it.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:36 AM

I submit to a paycheck........

Tryin2Concieve
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:44 AM
I thought your only submissive to a christian husband who walks in Gods path?? Reads the bible, prays, spreads gods word ect... I don't know though.
jenniepepsi
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:46 AM

the point of submission is he isnt supposed to be FORCING you to do anything, or not allowing you anything.

you are the wife. you are the mother. the home is YOUR responsiblity. it realy shouldnt bother him what you choose to do with the children and your home.

Bellarose0212
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:52 AM

Um, I'm not Christian or submissive, but my advice would be to seek help from an elder/pastor/regular husband from your church to talk to him about these issues. Especially if you know a woman who says her husband always acts in the best interest of the family, maybe have her husband talk to your husband.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:53 AM

The word allow doesn't go with submissive wife i would think. Im sorry you can be a submissive  wife but i wouldn't allow my husband to tel me what i can and can't do. I can undersand him telling you why you shouldn't home school and watch kids but it should be your decsion. Since you cant drive that far you either homeschool or the kids go to school where you live.

jenniepepsi
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:56 AM

yeah thats the problem imseeing here. im a submissive, but being submissive does NOT include being told what to do in any shape or form.

Quoting mommyof11050307:

The word allow doesn't go with submissive wife i would think. Im sorry you can be a submissive  wife but i wouldn't allow my husband to tel me what i can and can't do. I can undersand him telling you why you shouldn't home school and watch kids but it should be your decsion. Since you cant drive that far you either homeschool or the kids go to school where you live.

usmchoney
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:09 AM

bump

Rowdys.Mommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:12 AM

Hes being very rude to you and no its not right you need to do what is safe!

mommas3cubs
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Are you serious? This post has got to be a joke, And if it is not a joke you are not being submissive you are being oppressed and your husband is not being a good HoH. I would never submit to a man who did not put my families best interests are heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)