Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just wondering..For all the non-single ladies.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:42 AM
  • 36 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you in charge of all the money and bills?

Options:

Yes.

No.

Other. Explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 63

View Results

The reason i ask is because recently we have been falling behind on our bills and DH deals with the money and bills. Well obviously he isn't doing so hot lol. So i said i will open a checking account and he can deposit the check in there every friday when he gets paid and i will deal with it all since I am better with money and managing the bills.

Oh and I am a stay at home mom and DH is the only one working. We can afford to have me stay home with the kids, like i said he just hasen't been doing well with managing the money.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstricey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:45 AM

I'm not in charge of ALL of the money. He keeps a portion of his pay check, deposits some and gives me the rest for the bills. So yes. I do handle the bills but I'm not in charge of every single penny.

lbdm2002
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:48 AM

I'm in charge of the bills...yes.  I also have the account register to keep track of spending.  However hubby has his own bank card and access to our online account at all times.  He travels a lot with his work and often forgets to subtract stuff...so I do a better job of keeping track of it.  We used to have separate accounts..but that didn't work out at all!  It was too hard to keep track of which account to use for what bills,etc. 

SweetCakes
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:52 AM

Well DH has had a problem will pills and he is no longer taking them, and as of right now i dont fully trust him with the money, but i am ofcourse going to let him have what he needs if we have the extra. But the checking account will be in my name and i will have his whole check deposited into the bank. and he wont have access until i know he can be responsible with it. He knows everything and is okay and willing to earn the trust back with it. I told him all he had to do is let me know when he needs money and what for and i will willingly give it to him.

mis3805
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:52 AM

Nope. He's much better at it than I am. We have a joint account that we put half our paychecks into and then each have our accounts. I stress too much when I have to do the bills.

JMVITT
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:54 AM

I am not in charge of the bills, that is my husbands job.  I am responsible for shopping.  We each get the same amount of money a month. 

We don't have issues paying for our bills, our problem is getting his butt to pay them though.  I get emails all the time from phone to car insurance.  Luckily the car insurance gives me a 10 day heads up!

Samantha_1629
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:01 AM

My husband is terrible with money. The other day when he got paid I put $150 in his wallet. I knew he hadn't filled the vehicles with gas yet so I put extra (I usually only put $100 in his wallet). He went out and got home that evening and said I needed to put some money back in his wallet for the groceries he bought at Walmart. So I go to put another $50 in his wallet and there is a little over $20 in there. I know he spent about $50 at Walmart and probably another $30 in gas. That still left over $50 "missing". So that is why I manage the money. If I left it up to him our bills would NEVER get paid.

SweetCakes
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:06 AM

BUMP!

beaugrl0824
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:12 AM

I don't give him an allowance or anything like that. He has complete access to the money and all of that jazz but I know where every penny goes since he gives me all the receipts from the debit card and he refuses to use cash at all. 

Seven07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:19 AM

yea, why not? handling the financial responsibilities is a huge responsibility.

LadyIsobel
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:24 AM

Other.

We both are in charge of the money and bills. We do it together and my money is his and his money is mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)