• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People in general are stupid.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:47 AM
  • 86 Replies

Ever read something and then feel like humanity is in trouble? 

I made me some peanut butter toast this morning and I read the label. There on the jar of peanut butter was a warning that it contained peanuts.

Wheww! Load off my mind, my peanut butter contains peanuts. Maybe I am not as smart as the rest but I kinda assumed it did.  At least now it is confirmed.

Anyone else know of dumb warnings on products?  It makes you wonder what idiot was the reason for the warning.  They should come with a name like the Suzie Smith warning....name the warning for the dumb ass that needed it. 
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gardenchic
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:49 AM

ha ha, so true!

GardenChic

SweetCakes
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:49 AM

lol thats hilarious...I can't think of any now...But I have seen some. nothing quite like that though lol

emmiesmommy1109
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:49 AM

The picture of a bath tub/shower and the red circle with a line crossing through on hair dryers. That's the main one I can think of right now.

Vegetarianmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:52 AM
What!? It contains peanuts! I never knew, so glad they put a warning. Phew..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:53 AM

companies have to label things that way to protect themselves from lawsuits. not really because people are idiots but there are people out there who if they find a product without "proper" warning labels on it or warning information will sue the company over it.

lovemyboys876
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:54 AM

This is not on anything, but it should be. When me and my husband first got married. He tried to be nice and do a load of dishes in the dishwasher. Well I guess we were out of soap, so what does he do. He puts dawn soap in the dishwasher. I came home to soap studs everywhere. We get a kick out of it today. Maybe they need to put something on there that says NOT SAFE FOR DISHWASHERS. lol

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM

I would like to think that some things are common sense though.   

Quoting sati769leigh:

companies have to label things that way to protect themselves from lawsuits. not really because people are idiots but there are people out there who if they find a product without "proper" warning labels on it or warning information will sue the company over it.

psychessun
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM

I like instructions on cereal boxes.

it's very helpful.

AnimalLover80
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:58 AM

Quoting sati769leigh:

Not disagreeing with you (because I know it happens), but that would make more sense on a box of oatmeal cookies that they're made in the same factory as peanut butter cookies, so there might be peanut oil on/in them...

but on a jar of peanut butter... to warn that they're made with peanuts.... the "warning" is in the name of the product... I think if someone tried to sue JIF because they're allergic to peanuts and they ate peanut butter and had a reaction, I think their lawyers would laugh them out of the room.

a wedding website

sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:01 AM

I am sure companies would too. however people will sue for anyting they can these days. speciall since the old woman and coffee/tea i forget which incident with mcdonalds oh so many years ago. HEY, lets put a fresh piping hot coffee between our legs and drive off that way. OMG how the fuck she won her money i dont know.

Quoting klespeedy0205:

I would like to think that some things are common sense though.   

Quoting sati769leigh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)