• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the one thing during pregnancy that is so painful is temporarily dibilitating!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:40 AM
  • 13 Replies
My sciatic is hurting so bad today and yesterday and I'm only 22 weeks, almost 23 right now. I didn't have this until much later with my son.
I told my ob about it and she's got my in physical therapy, says it will do wonders for it. I have had one session and that day I didn't have any further problems, but we are past that today. It's going through both sides today and last night and nearly leaving my in tears from the sudden sharpness! I can even feel it sitting down...totally sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.AmandaD.
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:43 AM

I have that too.  It started about 20 weeks, only on my right side though, and it comes and goes.  It was hurting Friday night all though my leg when I was sitting at work and sometimes when it is up in my back area I can't walk.  I've been advised to go to a chiropractor but my insurance doesn't cover it.

LokisMama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:05 AM

My mom has trouble with her ciatic, and she's not pregnant.  It was so bad that before she knew what it was, she thought her hip was coming out of place whenever it would flare up.  The only relief she found was in going to a chiropractor.

ForeverInLove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:20 AM
I can't see a chiro right now. The other whole post states that I am physical therapy for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:23 AM
I can't see a chiro right now. The other whole post states that I am physical therapy for it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a chiropractor again, but I can't afford the deductable and I need to see a new one who would want new xrays which I won't give being pregnantan and I can't afford them because they aren't covered at all. The chiro I was seeing just before couldn't get rid of my heaches and migraines, and the chiro I had before him had them gone in two weeks... I miss that guy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:23 AM

i have to be in therapy for mine i am only 16 weeks and it has been flaring up for a month

Forget-me-not
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:25 AM
See a chiropractor quickly :)

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tfro
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:26 AM

get a therapeautic massage....it was the only thing that helped me.  look up piriformis syndrome!

snoopy21276
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:33 AM

i was the same way.. used to have to use a tv tray like a walker it hurt so bad at times.. I feel your pain!

gypsy_rose
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:35 AM

most chiros will not see pregnant women it's a risk. one wrong move and out comes baby

Quoting Forget-me-not:

See a chiropractor quickly :)

Quoting ForeverInLove:

ForeverInLove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:15 AM
My old chiro sees preggy women, but I moved.
I can't see a chiro because I can't afford to pay for one, lol.
And, I don't have any syndrome, but thanks. My back is already bad prior to being pregnant. It basically curves the wrong way, not like scoliosis, but when your looking at a side view, there is a curve. Mine is kind of straightening and curving the other way. My neck is actually totally straight and my coccoid (sp) Is against my skull, C3 and C4 are touching. Multiple sets of vertibrae in my middle and lower back are touching or tottaly out of place. My subluxations are many. My first chiro put me on cervical traction for 5 minutes every visit. I think that was helping a lot. He also adjusted my coccoid in my neck, as well as C3 and C4 and it was just wonderful. He would massage my back if it needed it in order to keep the adjustment. Plus, his wife was also a chiro and adjusted my son and they were totally wonderful people!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)