• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this too many naps for a 7 1/2 month old? *edit*

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:42 AM
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: Too many, too few or just right?

Options:

Too many

Too few

Just right for your(my) DD

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

I'm just curious. I want to make sure I'm doing this right. I only have DD nap when I can tell she is tired(rubbing eyes, nothing make her happy, has just eaten and been changed).

Right now she takes somewhere between 3 and 5 naps per day depending on the day. They usually last between 45 minutes to an hour though on the days she takes less naps, they last a little longer. Is this OK? Too many? Too few? Just right for my DD?

EDIT: Ok. She sleeps through the night but she doesn't lay down without a fight unless we keep her up and basically wear her out. But if we do that she gets extremely grumpy and it's nearly impossible to make her happy. I'm wondering if maybe she has just outgrown all of her toys so she is bored and under-stimulated. At the same time, if I hold her when she starts acting tired, she will go right to sleep.

We only have 2 interactive toys but I don't think she is old enough to really understand what is going on with one of them. And the other doesn't have any sound.

What activities or toys do you suggest to keep her entertained and happy so she will stay up longer and not fight sleep at naps and bed time?

marineswashing dishesbaby girl

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DeZsMaMa
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:44 AM
Just right. My 10 months only naps 3 timesa day. When he was that months he napped 5 times a day. So its normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
judybant
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Only question I have would be... does she sleep through the night? Because if not, then it MIGHT be an issue... but if she also sleeps through the night, then there's no problem!

DeZsMaMa
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:45 AM
Oh and my LO sleeps through the night, it doesn't interfere with his nap times (knock on woods)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmiesmommy1109
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Quoting judybant:

Only question I have would be... does she sleep through the night? Because if not, then it MIGHT be an issue... but if she also sleeps through the night, then there's no problem!

She actually just started sleeping through the night a week or two ago. But she also started staying up longer in between naps at about that time.

marineswashing dishesbaby girl

fairymom2316
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM

My son used to take about 2 naps but it was because he hated going to sleep, they usually lasted about 20-30 minutes.

gypsy_rose
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:32 PM

evert child is diffrent and some kids need more sleep then others also during growth spurts they need more sleep

hipmama985
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:34 PM

read "Good Night, Sleep Tight" by the Sleep Lady...she pretty much lies it out there for you age group by age group, exactly how they should be napping/sleeping/and awake. Had my daughter sleeping through the night by 2 months and you can time her naps with a swiss clock I swear!!

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:35 PM

I say too many.

Kristinmomof2
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:36 PM

At that age my girls had 2 naps a day.

WhitleyLyles
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM

My son is 18 months old and he will still take two naps a day about an hour each... when he was less than a year he would take three to four naps a day.I think it is perfectly normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)