Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't go on rides since having DS

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:09 AM
  • 15 Replies

Anyone else not able to go on roller coasters or rides at a fair/amusement park since having kids?

I was never a big fan of rollar coasters in the first place, but after having DS I don't think I can get on one again, period.

We have a park called Cedar Point around where I live. I was on their FB page and I watched a video of one of their rollar coasters. It was set up to make it feel like u were on it. After I watched the video, I was sick to my stomach the whole day, from watching the video. I was never like that before DS.

Anyone else?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gardenchic
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:10 AM

i NEVER COULD GO ON ANY BEFORE KIDS, i can hardly drive myself to the bank, i get SEVERE MOTION SICKNESS,,,,

GardenChic

heathermichelle
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:13 AM

I love roller coasters  and never got sick on any ride but a few months after I had my first child, I went to the fair and we rode the Zipper. I got off and was very sick

love_my_family
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:18 AM

i had family that spent yesterday at cedar point!  small world!

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Lol my brother is going today. He is bringing me back some fudge. They have the best fudge there.

Quoting love_my_family:

CafeMom Tickers
GothicMommy3
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Yep. I loved going to fairs and on rides. I had my kids, and now anything that goes fast gives me a migraine and makes me want to throw up. It sucks. :-(

love_my_family
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM

I spent a lot of time there growing up!  I haven't been there in 12 years!  I couldn't ride roller coasters with big drops before kids because I am wimpy!

Quoting carterscutie85:

Lol my brother is going today. He is bringing me back some fudge. They have the best fudge there.

Quoting love_my_family:

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Glad I am not the only one!!! I wonder why that happens to people when they have kids? It's crazy!!

CutieBoysMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:25 AM

I was the person pushing everyone to ride stuff with me, I loved it. Now after having my son..... I can barely ride the smaller roller coasters w/o felling sick.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Lol don't worry. I could never get on the "big" rollar coasters. I could only ever ride the ones that were wimpier like Iron Dragon lol.

Quoting love_my_family:

I spent a lot of time there growing up!  I haven't been there in 12 years!  I couldn't ride roller coasters with big drops before kids because I am wimpy!

Quoting carterscutie85:

Quoting love_my_family:

CafeMom Tickers
I_never_regret
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:26 AM

I LOVE COASTERS!! But I doubt my stomach can handle it anymore.. Honestly I don't think there is alot of rides i can stomach anymore. We went to the fair last yr . And there was this one ride that is a spaceship and it just spins.. I was watching it and i about puked.. lol it was horrible!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)