• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is good for a headache?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:05 AM
  • 14 Replies

Last couple days husband has been getting headaches not in just one place but all over head.Hes taken off brand tylenol and off brand advil and said nothing does the trick. I had some excedrin and he took them this morning he said he heard excedin for migraines are good.He says he gets headaches early in morning and i'm wondering if its this cental air we have.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmiesmommy1109
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:10 AM

He should go to his doctor. I had a headache everyday for a week. It's mostly on the back of my head and the sides. It's a tension headache. I'm on a med to protect my stomach from the other meds. I was on an anti-inflammatory but it started upsetting my stomach. So now I take the stomach one twice a day and am supposed to take a muscle relaxer at night but I'm concerned about the interactions of that and another non-related medication I am on.

So for the tension head ache I was on 3 meds but it's down to 2.

gypsy_rose
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:12 AM

he will hate me for this.....MIDOL

CutieBoysMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:12 AM

a lot of headache medicine is just asprin and caffiene.

2 asprin and some coffee or a coke should help 

CutieBoysMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:13 AM

yeah midol works too.

Midol fixes everything, it should be labled for more than just PMS.

AustinsMommy306
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:15 AM

i have horrible headaches very often and i found that the equate(walmart brand) rapid release works the best..they are blue and red with a gray line in the middle. they are only like 1.98 for 24 pills

tfro
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:19 AM

therapeautic massage therapy, chiropractic and accupuncture are all great alterative treatments that have worked wonders for me.  and lots of water!!!

RaynesMommy07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM
Caffeine helps sometimes, it'd be worth a try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trin0714
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:26 AM

caffine... or better yet, midol, it has caffine in it and normal head ache stuff,sometimes you get a headache from lack of caffine.

it sounds like sinuses to me tho

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I know it sounds crazy but it works miracles....cayenne pepper.  Its a wonderful pain remedy!!

.JeremiahsWife.
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Advil is the only thing that works for me. Typically I will only take 2 (400mg) but if it's real bad I take 3 (600 mg). I wonder if he's having headaches related to caffeine if they're in the mornings? If I go without it for a couple of days I get a raging headache. Does he drink coffee ? If so does the hedache go away after he gets it in his system ? I would start looking for all possible causes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)