Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disappearing Socks

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:35 AM
  • 8 Replies

Does anybody else hate socks?  I mean, I love them, because you can get such cute ones, and they keep your feel all warm and comfy, but I HATE them because they disappear! 
Furthermore, my 3 year old's socks disappear at three times the rate of my own.  It drives me nuts.  I swear I just bought a pack of 10 socks a month ago.  Nonetheless, ALL his socks were missing.  I could find mismatches, etc., but no true pairs.  Sooo, I went to the dollar tree and bought him 21 pairs of socks.  He picked them all out.  They're not plain white; they're all colorful, some are printed, etc.  I believe this was my mistake, as I think his mission is now to wear all 21 pairs TODAY.  HAHA
Seriously though, please tell me I'm not the only one with a huge issue with disappearing socks. 

Amanda ~ Mommy to my little miracle Landon Joel
born 6 weeks too soon~6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, verbal regression, and the coolest kid on the block.

Then                                           Now

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
chais_wifey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM
That's why I love summer, my dd can just wear slippers every day. She wears three pairs of socks at one time around the house but when it comes time to leave I can't find even one pair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CutieBoysMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM

I buy at least 1 pack of socks a month in the winter time for my son. We wear sandals in the summer so I don't have to worry about it for a couple months.

DanielleK21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:42 AM

I rarely loose socks.

norahsmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:42 AM

I don't KNOW! I have the same problem.  I am at this moment sitting next to a big bag of socks that have no matches.  I don't get it!  My washer and dryer are in the kitchen, we have a really tiny house and all the laundry goes next to my bed for folding, then off to the bedrooms they belong to. And yet when I get done folding and sorting, there are always socks without matches. They went into the wash with matches, and came out without!  Very strange. I even move the washer and dryer every couple of months to see if they are under or behind anything. Nope.

mom2ljh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I swear my dryer eats them.  They go into the wash but half a pair comes out, lol.

Quoting DanielleK21:

I rarely loose socks.

born 6 weeks too soon~6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, verbal regression, and the coolest kid on the block.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM

If you put them in a mesh bag before washing,they should all make it through. Look  behind your washer or dryer I bet there qyuite a few socks.

mom2ljh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Ah, I see you too have a sock powered dryer.

Quoting norahsmommy:

I don't KNOW! I have the same problem.  I am at this moment sitting next to a big bag of socks that have no matches.  I don't get it!  My washer and dryer are in the kitchen, we have a really tiny house and all the laundry goes next to my bed for folding, then off to the bedrooms they belong to. And yet when I get done folding and sorting, there are always socks without matches. They went into the wash with matches, and came out without!  Very strange. I even move the washer and dryer every couple of months to see if they are under or behind anything. Nope.

Trin0714
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM

i took them all, cuz someone else stole mine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)