Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o of summer school

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:37 AM
  • 7 Replies
She popped a thought into my head, thank you!

But, thinking about reg school and how many families need mom working in order to afford things like daycare and other bills.
What if half the USA's mommies were school teachers. They would receive a slightly lesser pay with daycare included for those not old enough for school, and reduced or free lunches for those in school. Their wages would be less than what teachers make now (I know they don't make much as it is), but this would also allow for more than one teacher for every 25-30 students in every grade. They could actually have two teachers per classroom and the children would benefit immensly. All breastfeeding mommies would have an adequate amount of time during the school day to pump or if their infant were on a campus-daycare, the option to go and feed their child in the daycare. Each mother would also have 3 months of maternity leave.
Now, I haven't thought about this in the financial aspect, it's just the what if?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Trin0714
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:39 AM

teacher

mikiemom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:39 AM

uggg seriously - how fucking sexist - 1. men make great teachers. 2. not all people are cut out to be teachers, I'd hate some of the ignorant women on this site teaching my child. 3. School should be year round there goes your maternity leave -4.

ForeverInLove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:45 AM
I'm not saying men can't be teachers. I never meant it that way.
You can take your rudeness to another post because your right, I wouldn't want you teaching my child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:47 AM
For the books, I can't edit from my phone. Intended this to say or men in there, but I was on a roll on my less than pencil eraser sized keys that I forgot to add it in. But, this also means men. We just don't see as many men teachers as we do female.

Thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Quoting ForeverInLove:

But, thinking about reg school and how many families need mom working in order to afford things like daycare and other bills.
What if half the USA's mommies were school teachers. They would receive a slightly lesser pay with daycare included for those not old enough for school, and reduced or free lunches for those in school. Their wages would be less than what teachers make now (I know they don't make much as it is), but this would also allow for more than one teacher for every 25-30 students in every grade. They could actually have two teachers per classroom and the children would benefit immensly. All breastfeeding mommies would have an adequate amount of time during the school day to pump or if their infant were on a campus-daycare, the option to go and feed their child in the daycare. Each mother would also have 3 months of maternity leave.
Now, I haven't thought about this in the financial aspect, it's just the what if?

in my opinion, teaching should be a calling. we have soo many teachers in america right now who are NOT well educated and are teaching our kids with NO PASSION for it. its just a job. Our teachers are often taught only one area or one grade level worth of things. it used to be that teachers could teach several different class levels and do it RIGHT. KNOWING the studies.

I am against ANYONE becoming a teacher who doesnt feel the passion for teaching, who only wants a JOB. and honestly they are VERY Underpaid as it is for what they are responsible for.

not ranting YOU out OP. just rambling my thoughts out

ForeverInLove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Np! I would think though that these mommies (or daddies) Want to teach! I thought about it at one time but learned I have more of a passion for animals.... Lol.

Quoting sati769leigh:

Quoting ForeverInLove:

in my opinion, teaching should be a calling. we have soo many teachers in america right now who are NOT well educated and are teaching our kids with NO PASSION for it. its just a job. Our teachers are often taught only one area or one grade level worth of things. it used to be that teachers could teach several different class levels and do it RIGHT. KNOWING the studies.

I am against ANYONE becoming a teacher who doesnt feel the passion for teaching, who only wants a JOB. and honestly they are VERY Underpaid as it is for what they are responsible for.

not ranting YOU out OP. just rambling my thoughts out

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistie900
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM

LMAO

Quoting ForeverInLove:

I'm not saying men can't be teachers. I never meant it that way.
You can take your rudeness to another post because your right, I wouldn't want you teaching my child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)