• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN ACTUALLY DO ABOUT IT

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM
  • 5 Replies

it seems like a week doesnt go by lately without  hearing a horrible story about an INFANT getting raped or molested, often by their own father, and sometimes mother. everytime i hear one of these stories, i cant sleep that night .  what bothers me most is there doesn;t seem to be anything that can be done to prevent these horrors, other than punishment AFTER the fact, (which is usually not even that suffiecient) am i missing something, is there anything anyone can do to prevent these crimes, it makes me heartsick because i cant think of anything, yet i would like to do something?

Life ain't easy when your cheesy

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wifeffd95c
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM

You are right. It is the most horrifying thing to hear about.I wish there were a way that they could prevent it, and it is very unfortunate that there is not. I am very sad for these babies.

sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM

i think maybe if parents were all taking classes on things to watch out for, and if all parents were equally responsible in monitoring thier children. but alas they are not. not all but many children who are molested are from homes where the lax parenting can allow it to occur. and its heartbreaking/

Trin0714
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:45 AM

do what i do, dont watch the news, and avoid the scary titles on CM

proudmomma1986
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:48 AM

honestly no...the worst part is alot of these children were taken from the parent but then put back in the home just like this story   http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=8101569

boobaliscious
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I'm paranoid about male teachers, I don't know why, I know it isn't really rational, but when both my girls were in preschool last year they both had male teacher assistants... Just seemed wierd, I know I know, that is stupid....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)