Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you baby wear help me out please

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:53 AM
  • 9 Replies

ok i have large breasts (like 34 f before i got pregnant), i am 5'8 and i am due in oct. i have a 19 month old that i never wore, but i want a sling mostly for breastfeeding. help me out this is my first time getting/using on. what sling is right for me? also please include if it is easy to use, how much it costs and where i need to get it from (i dont like shopping on line but i will if i have to)

thanks in advanced.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NikkiPhoenix
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I have a similar problem as you.  With my youngest I used a Maya ring sling.

This time around I am getting a Moby/Sleepy wrap type carrier.

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:06 AM

why the switch? was the maya ring sling not good to breast feed with? if not why not?

Quoting NikkiPhoenix:

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:05 AM

BUMP!

fairymom2316
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:36 PM

I always wanted one but have never used them, BUMP!

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Look HERE, im making a moby, that should work great with big boobies :P theres an awesome video link in there to youtube that shows how to wear it.

joates76
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM

A wrap would be the way to go Moby or Sleepy Wrap. If you live somewhere warmer and plan to go out and about a lovey duds wrap would be nice.

hipmama985
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:53 PM

if you are going to strictly use it for breastfeeding I would get one of the cloth ones you can use like a wrap...not sure if there is a brand or not...but that way you would have ultimate adjustment range and they are also pretty dang cute!

NikkiPhoenix
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:40 AM

My last son used it, then suddenly hated it.  It was hard to keep a struggling baby/toddler in it.

I could never breastfeed, but we are trying again this time.  I heard with the Moby/Sleepy wrap I can keep a struggling baby in a bit easier.

Quoting bluebunbun:

why the switch? was the maya ring sling not good to breast feed with? if not why not?

Quoting NikkiPhoenix:

pregnant belly  Wishing for PINK!

Kawasaki Disease Awareness!

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

MommaGreenhalge
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I have never heard of anyone successfully nursing in a Moby.  Just a thought.  I find it pretty easy to pop him out of it and nurse, though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)