Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent, my sister drives me crazy sometimes.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:54 AM
  • 5 Replies

Little bit of background, my sister is 4 years older then me and is an alcoholic trying to quit but still drinks. My mom is a recovering alcoholic and been sober 10 years. My sister goes to college for psychology and I just graduated nursing school in may. My mom has been coming to my house a lot because we bought a fixer upper and she has been trying to help me get it ready. in the past 6 months mom has had mom son for a couple hours 3 days a week while I slept after work and I slept at her house, that was only for 2 weeks and about a month ago. Other than that my mom never babysits for me. His other grandma takes him every fri. night for the whole night.

Well my mom texted me yesterday and said your sister is mad at me, I said why, she said because she asked me to take the baby all night so they could go to the movie and then she will pick him up tomorrow on the way to the lake and I told her not if its going to enable her to drink. So my sister puts a status on facebook that says favortism..

well im pretty sure my mom has her kids more than she has mine and when she does have mine its only for a couple hours, so my mom asked her why she needed an all night baby sitter to go to the movie that only lasts a couple hours. She said because bridget (me) gets an all night weekly sitter and that isnt fair. Well for one its not my moms fault that other grandma takes him one night and week and when she does, I dont go out like my sister is wanting to do, i have to be ready to go pick him up at anytime because he does call me sometimes and wants to come home. anyway, then through texts to my mom, she goes on this big tangent about how she is psychology and knows bridget needs to be on meds and shouldn't be taking vicodin, she is tired of getting the shaft when it comes to me. all this crap about me, and I have nothing to do with the fact that my mom wont take her child all night so she can go out and drink. I normally do not take pain pills but i am pregnant and I have 4 teeth that need to be pulled 2 of them are abcess and i couldn't not stand the pain i have been dealing with for months now and they wont pull them until after I have the baby. my ob gave me hydrocodone to last till the end of the pregnancy when I can get my teeth pulled. but I don't see what my vicodin has to do with being mad at my mom because she wont watch the baby all night.

Im just frustrated because she does this kind of stuff all the time and then wonders why i never go visit her. well why would I when all she can do is talk crap about me and think mom is favoring me. She gets mad when our mom and I do something with out her and always asks why we didnt invite her, but everytime I do she says no, or just completely ignores us. im just really tired of her always being rude and then acting like its no big deal. and shes my sister, I dont want there to be so much drama between us and my mom too. If you have made it this far in reading, thank you lol. I just needed to vent.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:57 AM

i hate how ppl think grandparents HAVE to babysit. they don't have to do anything. your sister sounds like she needs to grow up.

it's nice when they want to babysit and give mom a little break but i'd never expect them to do it.

sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM

not trying to be a jerk. but if she is still drinking, she isnt really trying to quite. she is trying to CONTROL IT. which never works long term.

i feel bad for your mom. she is doing exactly what she should. but i know its gotta hurt her that your sister cannot see that and is trying to be emotionally manipulative and punishing. most alcoholics and addicts stop maturing the day they pic up.

her behaviour as cruel and unreasonable as it is, is an alcholic trying to maniplulate sitautions so that she can continue her drinking. someday if she decides to honestly get sober and not pretend to try she WILL realize what she did all these years and truly be sorry.

I am so absolutely sorry your family has to suffer this burden  . its unfair becasue she can hide in her addiction. but the rest of you have to DEAL with your emotions and daily life.

Quoting Treymama:

Little bit of background, my sister is 4 years older then me and is an alcoholic trying to quit but still drinks. My mom is a recovering alcoholic and been sober 10 years. My sister goes to college for psychology and I just graduated nursing school in may. My mom has been coming to my house a lot because we bought a fixer upper and she has been trying to help me get it ready. in the past 6 months mom has had mom son for a couple hours 3 days a week while I slept after work and I slept at her house, that was only for 2 weeks and about a month ago. Other than that my mom never babysits for me. His other grandma takes him every fri. night for the whole night.

Well my mom texted me yesterday and said your sister is mad at me, I said why, she said because she asked me to take the baby all night so they could go to the movie and then she will pick him up tomorrow on the way to the lake and I told her not if its going to enable her to drink. So my sister puts a status on facebook that says favortism..

well im pretty sure my mom has her kids more than she has mine and when she does have mine its only for a couple hours, so my mom asked her why she needed an all night baby sitter to go to the movie that only lasts a couple hours. She said because bridget (me) gets an all night weekly sitter and that isnt fair. Well for one its not my moms fault that other grandma takes him one night and week and when she does, I dont go out like my sister is wanting to do, i have to be ready to go pick him up at anytime because he does call me sometimes and wants to come home. anyway, then through texts to my mom, she goes on this big tangent about how she is psychology and knows bridget needs to be on meds and shouldn't be taking vicodin, she is tired of getting the shaft when it comes to me. all this crap about me, and I have nothing to do with the fact that my mom wont take her child all night so she can go out and drink. I normally do not take pain pills but i am pregnant and I have 4 teeth that need to be pulled 2 of them are abcess and i couldn't not stand the pain i have been dealing with for months now and they wont pull them until after I have the baby. my ob gave me hydrocodone to last till the end of the pregnancy when I can get my teeth pulled. but I don't see what my vicodin has to do with being mad at my mom because she wont watch the baby all night.

typical alcoholic deflection attempt in trying to point a finger at YOU  and away from HER issues. its also another attempt at manipulating things to get what SHE wants.

Im just frustrated because she does this kind of stuff all the time and then wonders why i never go visit her. well why would I when all she can do is talk crap about me and think mom is favoring me. She gets mad when our mom and I do something with out her and always asks why we didnt invite her, but everytime I do she says no, or just completely ignores us. im just really tired of her always being rude and then acting like its no big deal. and shes my sister, I dont want there to be so much drama between us and my mom too. If you have made it this far in reading, thank you lol. I just needed to vent.

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Exactly. In my case though My "sister" (non-biological  just grew up together) expects her mom to take care of all children she has. She actually told my mom when I was preggo, that it was my mom's job to take care of my child. 

OP  I am sorry you are having these problems with your sister.

Quoting Teeshann:

i hate how ppl think grandparents HAVE to babysit. they don't have to do anything. your sister sounds like she needs to grow up.

it's nice when they want to babysit and give mom a little break but i'd never expect them to do it.

Treymama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Quoting sati769leigh:

not trying to be a jerk. but if she is still drinking, she isnt really trying to quite. she is trying to CONTROL IT. which never works long term.

i feel bad for your mom. she is doing exactly what she should. but i know its gotta hurt her that your sister cannot see that and is trying to be emotionally manipulative and punishing. most alcoholics and addicts stop maturing the day they pic up.

her behaviour as cruel and unreasonable as it is, is an alcholic trying to maniplulate sitautions so that she can continue her drinking. someday if she decides to honestly get sober and not pretend to try she WILL realize what she did all these years and truly be sorry.

I am so absolutely sorry your family has to suffer this burden  . its unfair becasue she can hide in her addiction. but the rest of you have to DEAL with your emotions and daily life.

Quoting Treymama:

typical alcoholic deflection attempt in trying to point a finger at YOU  and away from HER issues. its also another attempt at manipulating things to get what SHE wants.

I agree with you, and yes she is obviously not trying to quit, more like trying to hide if from us because she knows she shouldnt be doing it. I have never looked at it as her just being manipulative to get what she wants. my mom is a recovering alcoholic so she can see all these things but I can't because I don't even like alcohol, i have never been through it. But thank you for your insight, that was a good one.

Treymama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I agree with you. I never ask my mom to watch my son. because I know she doesnt like to be asked, she has told me several times, since she does watch my sister's kids so much, that she just wishes she could take them when she wants them to spend time with them, not because she is feeling like she is being made to take them. She told me that a long time ago. so when she wants my son, she asks me, I never ask her.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Exactly. In my case though My "sister" (non-biological  just grew up together) expects her mom to take care of all children she has. She actually told my mom when I was preggo, that it was my mom's job to take care of my child. 

OP  I am sorry you are having these problems with your sister.

Quoting Teeshann:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)