Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recycling mommies.....

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:01 AM
  • 12 Replies

We are going to start recycling.  We will have to haul the stuff to the bins on the other side of town ourselves so we need something easy to haul.  I am thinking of making my own bins with totes and holes cut out of it for the cans, cardboard, etc....  Did anyone else make their own?  We do not have a lot of room so I am hoping to be able to stack them.  Any suggestions?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaNoonoo
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:02 AM
Here's a bump for you. We want to have something in the house to drop things into.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love_my_family
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM

BUMP!

lilmama22806
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM

BUMP!

ILive4This
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:05 AM

We keep our bin out in the garage.  In the house, we just bought an extra kitchen garbage can.  It sits right next to the regular garbage can....we throw garbage in one, recycling in the other.  Cans, bottles, plastic....all of it in one.  We keep a paper bag in the pantry, next to those bins, for paper and cardboard.  We have curbside pickup, every other week.  When the inside is full, we take it out to the garage, and dump it in the recycling bin.

love_my_family
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:06 AM

BUMP!

love_my_family
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:14 AM

BUMP!

love_my_family
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:23 AM

BUMP!

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I don't know. We use a carboard box for our recycling in the house and then we are lucky enough to have bi-weekly curb side pick up.

What if you used plastic totes? You can get 2-3 on sale somewhere for about $5 each and you can stack them and reuse them. Plus they would contain everything on the trip.

love_my_family
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM

BUMP!

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2010 at 8:37 AM

We didn't make our own bins.  But your idea sounds like a really good one.  When my MIL moved to a senior living, she gave us hers for extra room.  We promptly used it and fill it every week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)