• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I ask him for help or stick it out?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Ask for help?

Options:

No, let him sleep

Yes, ask for help

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

This morning I have a raging migraine and I've been throwing up, mostly dry heaving. My son got up 7 times last night so that didn't help, and he has been fully awake since 5am.

DH has been asleep since midnight. It's 10am now. Should I get him up and ask him to watch the baby so I can take some migraine meds and possibly get a nap? I can't take them and watch the baby because they make me woozy. But, after reading so many posts on SAHMs(which I am currently), I wonder if I'm just supposed to deal with it since I don't work and the baby is my "job".

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
De_Chick
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Yes wake him up and tell him its your turn to rest since you feel like sh!t.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Hell no you are not supposed to just deal with it.Your man just got 10 hours of sleep.If he has any compassion, he will surely get up and take over the house and baby.

amayabrianna
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:12 AM

ask him for his help. He has had enough sleep, as long as it won't make the situation any worse.

raegansmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:12 AM

If he had only been asleep for 2 hours or something, that would be different.  But, he has had ample sleep, I don't see why he couldn't take the reigns so you can get some rest & feel better?

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Ok thanks mommas...I'm going to go ask him

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Ask for help honey. you need to get rid of that migraine. I hope you feel better.

kennidee
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Your son is his too.  I don't understand women that think that because they are sahms that their spouse/so whatever is free and clear from cleaning up after himself or helping out with the kids or a kid involved mess when they get home!  Why is it that they only have to work 8 to 10 hours (or whatever) and we have to work 24/7?

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:17 AM

yes ask him that's silly he got enough sleep in sure he will get up you need to get better because if your house is like mine both your boys will be sick and you will have to take care of both lol

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:19 AM
He got right up. I'm back in bed waiting for my meds to work. Thanks for helping, mommas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunbun
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:19 AM

yeah that's how i feel if he ever said that to me he'd be in for it lol (but i work from home and in the summer i make more then him so if he tried once he got home he should be doing EVERYTHING lol and i should do nothing so he never says anything lol)

Quoting kennidee:

Your son is his too.  I don't understand women that think that because they are sahms that their spouse/so whatever is free and clear from cleaning up after himself or helping out with the kids or a kid involved mess when they get home!  Why is it that they only have to work 8 to 10 hours (or whatever) and we have to work 24/7?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)