Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am scared. Should i take him in?*2nd Update in reply 48

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:15 AM
  • 50 Replies

OK, DS is 4 months old and was born at 35 weeks. About a month ago he had his first round of shots and had a reaction. He started vomiting and got hyper irrability. When he finally did calm down he had a Partial Seizure (where you don't convulse) and he was refered to a nuerologist. On Monday we took him to his appointment and they preformed an EEG. We were told that his brain waves were normal. They said his vomiting spells were caused because his body wanted to foriegn substance out, and that's the bodys natural way of getting rid of anything it doesn't agree with. When that didn't work his body went into a kind of shock and as a result he had a seizure. The solution was simple he said, discontinue vaccinations. Well, just a couple of minutes ago I was nursing him and he started shaking (it looked like he was shivering). We had a blanket over him and it stays 77 degrees in the house. His arm and head where the only thing that I could tell were shaking. Maybe I am over reacting but it scared me and I have never seen him do this. Should I bring him to the after hours clinc? Please if you can't help just bump. Please.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MoM.i.aM
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:16 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alberns303
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:17 AM

BUMP!

kksmommy23

If it were my kid, we would be on our way to the ER.

MoM.i.aM
Thank you!

Quoting alberns303:

BUMP!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lora341

Is he still shaking? I am not sure, but I would take him in. Better to go on the safe side of things.

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:18 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllisMom5

BUMP!

MarchMarie

I would...

MoM.i.aM
No, it only lasted like 10 seconds. I was able to call DH twice, but by the time he got there DS stopped.

Quoting Lora341:

Is he still shaking? I am not sure, but I would take him in. Better to go on the safe side of things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:18 AM

If you are worried, you should take him in momma. I would rather look silly now (if nothing is wrong), than have something serious happen later. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)