• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Infant Hurt when 12-yr-old cousin crashers motorcycle

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:19 AM
  • 6 Replies

Infant hurt when 12-year-old cousin crashes motorcycle

04:01 PM CDT on Tuesday, June 22, 2010
By TARYN LUNA / The Dallas Morning News
tluna@dallasnews.com

A 9-month-old baby was hospitalized Monday night after her 12-year-old cousin crashed a motorcycle while holding the baby in his arms, Dallas police said.

The baby, who was not identified, was in stable condition. The wreck occurred outside her home, in the 9000 block of Lake June Road.

The infant's 12-year-old cousin was "carrying the baby in his arms when he lost control and wrecked the small motorcycle," according to a report.

The boy ran the motorcycle into a curb, according to Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans.

According to police reports, a 19-year-old woman who was watching the baby went inside her apartment to use the bathroom for 15 minutes, leaving the child in the care of a 15-year-old female.

The 15-year-old then went inside also, handing the child off to the 12-year-old boy.

No charges were filed.

Fire-Rescue personnel responded around 8:30 p.m.

The boy sustained minor injuries to his knees. The baby suffered a head abrasion.

The 19-year-old and the 15-year-old returned just as the boy was crashing the motorcycle, a police spokesman said.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
De_Chick
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Wth????

kysmom642
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:26 AM

wow

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:28 AM

omg i dont even know what to say

Chrystal_A
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Another one of those times I think its wrong to leave a baby with a kid.But geez at 15 she should of known better!This brings me back to the karate knife...

kat247
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:34 AM

ugh...The 15 yr old should have known better...hell the 12 yr old should have also.

savannahnhi
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:37 AM

the 19 and the 15 years old should be slap!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)