Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about an uncirced......

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:10 AM
  • 19 Replies

so my 9 month old son is uncircumcised and his foreskin doesnt come back AT ALL. if you try to pull it back it only gives an opening about the size of a pin head, also when he pees his pee shoots out to the side or just dribbles out a little at a time. i've had many different people tell me many different things about them...even dr's! some say i should be able to pull it back all the way, some say DONT pull it back, some say wait til he's older and let HIM pull it back the 1st time, some say it's supposed to be stuck...i just dont know. it stays kind of red all the time and i clean it as good as i can. should i be concerned, maybe take him to another dr??? or just leave it alone? any advice or tips to keep it from getting red would be helpful!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lostandfound34
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:11 AM

my friend had to take her older son to the dr over this and have it pulled back GL

Kizbee
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Do NOT, under any circumstances, pull the foreskin back.  Your son will do that himself when he older. 

.MommyEast.
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM

My son is circ'd so I'm not sure but that doesn't sound right at all, I think u are supposed to pull it back & clean it...

AngelicaRenee
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:13 AM

DON'T pull it back. Leave it alone it will come back on it's own when it's ready. You should not be forcing it.

AjsMom0508
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM

DON'T PULL IT BACK AT ALL!  The only person who should ever pull back the foreskin is the person it belongs to!  As for the pee my son was like that when he was small too but as he's gotten older it has stopped.

HereWeGoAgain9
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM
Do not pull the skin back. But if you're concerned about an infection, ask a dr (but don't let that dr pull the skin back either unless he has some some of medical emergency reasoning).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelicaRenee
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Noooo. It will come back on it's own when it's supposed to. My son is circ'd too but I read up on both and you are not supposed to pull it back.

Quoting .MommyEast.:

My son is circ'd so I'm not sure but that doesn't sound right at all, I think u are supposed to pull it back & clean it...

Kizbee
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Foreskin is NOT retractable until boys are older.  Pulling on it can be very painful for your baby. 

LadyIsobel
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Most boys that age cant pull the entire foreskin back. But leave it be as long as it is no inflammation.

bopanddomsmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:18 AM

ok wow...i know when he was born his ped used to pull it back quite a bit, like every appt til he was about 4 months old, then we moved....just didnt know if it was bad that it cant be pulled back at all now. so the redness and urine is normal too??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)