• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She ate a freakin glow stick!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am so sick of this eating everything crap! A glow stick?? WTH? My 3 yr old who has autism  just bit into a glow stick and ate the stuck and now says her toungue feels funny! Yeah, on hold for yet another posion control call!!!!!!

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 5 yrs, Lilly 3 yrs, Molly born 6/19/09 and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu  medically induced coma survivor,  I am a attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, mom of an awesome daughter with autism, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, I have multible life long disabilities but am determined to not let them stop me, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-) That is me in a nutshell!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Orionsgirl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM

My youngest gnawed on one and busted it open too. There was colored fluid everywhere. We were at Disneyland when it happened so all I did was wash off his tongue and he was fine. I don't think mine actually ingested any though. Hope all is well.

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Does your child have Pica? Mine do and they all have it in a different way...I feel your pain.

lilay
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Ugh...I'm sorry. My son was eating crayons and other strange things all the time. Thankfully we found out his pica was caused by an iron deficiency and have been able to fix that so now he doesn't eat them any more. I hope your DD is ok!

lostandfound34
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:17 AM

My exs brother did this too, the stuff is non toxic in most of them.  Good luck! I remember the days of poisen control calls!!

vegepunkstr
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:18 AM

My kids have done that. we just rinsed out their mouths and they were fine. They are non toxic.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)