Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To all the girls

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:31 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am pretty new to the group but have had fun in here. I just wanted to let all of you know how much you all have ment to me specially in the last 48 hours. The thoughts, the prayers he concern for me and my husband have ment the world to me. We are stuck out here with NO family  and only a few friends so it really helped having you girls here to get me through. BTW in all of this we are finding out who are real friends are too! My dhs best friend ( the reason we moved out here) his wife thought it was a good time to tell people that yes my dh was in prison and I had been in jail but didnt bother telling the lady ( who is another friend of mine) realy what happened! so of coarse the lady was a little put out with me cuz I had talked to her about her DDs spending the night with me but hadnt told her we both have a "criminal past".

To ward off any bashers or problems to explain yes my dh did 8.5 years in prison for Murder 2. He had taken a loaded gun from some kids and went to take it back to the rightful owner. He was in gang territory had dropped the clip ut didnt check the chamber. When he was confronted and shoved  the guy seen the gun their was a fight over it and it accidently went off and killed the guy.  Please dont bash, he changed in prison and became a good guy. He did his time got off drugs and got a degree in prison.

As for me, I was at my exs house and he told my son "your mom doesnt love you, she never wanted you and she wanted an abortion"  and I LOST it I watched my son break down crying and well lost my cool and beat the guy with a broken tree limb.  I dont think there is a woman on here that wouldnt do something like that if some one did it to their kid!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM

I'm glad you found the support you need. <3

Maybe I should go to prison for 4 years to get my degree instead of going into debt for college. Hmm. :)

Have you both attended anger management classes? How have you been able to find jobs with a record?

Want to know more about me? Follow my PERSONAL blog. Would love to see you there. (nelliebugs-swaps.blogspot.com)

lostandfound34
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

Maybe I should go to prison for 4 years to get my degree instead of going into debt for college. Hmm. :)

Have you both attended anger management classes? Yes, it really helped. If you knew us personally you would flat be SHOCKED that either one of us have done any thing like this! Specailly him he is qiet and soft spoken and EVERY ONE loves him pretty much. He is awesome guy great with kids. Matter of fact 3 people have seen the "wrath" of his anger here and I had to tell each one that they had actually been chewed out by him!  How have you been able to find jobs with a record. It was hard in the first part of the marraige cuz M2 is a biggie. But now he has a job here in the park we live in and it has been so many years since he has been convicted that IF the application is worded right it doesnt even show he was in prison. Dont think he is trying to hide it, its just MOST application ask if you have been CONVICTED of a feloney in the last 7 years. Well the answer is no. He was convicted in 1993.  Matter of fact he went to prison ON my 21st bday

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:53 AM

If they do a background check, is it going to show up and prevent him from getting the job? I just ask because I have a good friend that has a felony from when she was 18 (for writing a bad check), and has had problems finding even a simple job at a call center (I worked there, but they wouldn't hire her because of the felony).

Quoting lostandfound34:

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

Have you both attended anger management classes? Yes, it really helped. If you knew us personally you would flat be SHOCKED that either one of us have done any thing like this! Specailly him he is qiet and soft spoken and EVERY ONE loves him pretty much. He is awesome guy great with kids. Matter of fact 3 people have seen the "wrath" of his anger here and I had to tell each one that they had actually been chewed out by him!  How have you been able to find jobs with a record. It was hard in the first part of the marraige cuz M2 is a biggie. But now he has a job here in the park we live in and it has been so many years since he has been convicted that IF the application is worded right it doesnt even show he was in prison. Dont think he is trying to hide it, its just MOST application ask if you have been CONVICTED of a feloney in the last 7 years. Well the answer is no. He was convicted in 1993.  Matter of fact he went to prison ON my 21st bday

Want to know more about me? Follow my PERSONAL blog. Would love to see you there. (nelliebugs-swaps.blogspot.com)

.thickie.thick.
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:01 PM
That's rude of the woman you mentioned above. I'm glad you both changed. How is hubby now? I remember replying to your post yesterday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncmom24
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Congrats on your new lives...and I am sorry that you are still being judged for this.** I am truly amazed @ how many "PERFECT" people we have in this world.Those that feel they have the right to slight you and the woman who is a gossip.** And congrats to the hubs for getting his degree, regardless of where he got it.Keep your head up....your real friends will be there for you.

I wish you and your hubby the best. 

lostandfound34
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

If they do a background check, is it going to show up and prevent him from getting the job? I just ask because I have a good friend that has a felony from when she was 18 (for writing a bad check), and has had problems finding even a simple job at a call center (I worked there, but they wouldn't hire her because of the felony).

It depends on how its worded on what they ask for. Yes if they do a background check it can show up, but it also depends on if its state background or UNITED STATES background check.  And it will be hard for her to find a job that has any money involved because her crime is with $$. GOOD LUCK to her we had to move out of state in order for him to get one

lostandfound34
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:52 PM

he is flat in a lot of pain but doing ok!

Quoting .thickie.thick.:

That's rude of the woman you mentioned above. I'm glad you both changed. How is hubby now? I remember replying to your post yesterday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)