• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make me feel better....

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM
  • 15 Replies

I just cleaned out my fridge and found a rancid smelling cucumber wedged between the crispers, a red sticky substance spilled on the bottom, eight Tupperware bowls full of spoiled leftovers and eggs that expired months ago. So, tell me I'm not the only one with the occasional nasty refrigerator. Bonus points if you post pictures!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.thickie.thick.
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:10 PM
Lol...sorry. That doesn't happen often. It happened twice w/ fruit though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianav
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:13 PM
No but once I left a whole pizza in the oven for over a week...I smelt something rancid but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from....my oven stank for over a week after I threw out the nasty ass pizza. *puke*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
forgodsuse780
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:15 PM

sorry I can't stand a nasty fridge.  I perge every Sunday.

MamaBloom777
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Mine's not quite that bad....but mostly b/c there's  never that much food in there at one time these days :)  But I'm HORRIBLE about cleaning out the fridge & DH is never going to take initiative to do it himself...so sometimes, things go bad!  Don't feel bad, it happens.

NEWMOMOF1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:16 PM

it happens once in a blue moon

Drippiningirls
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:18 PM

My fridge gets so nasty quick.  DH drinks tea and some how that shit gets all over the place!  We have so much food in there things get stuck in the back for too long.

WhitleyLyles
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:20 PM

That doesnt happen to me but not because I clean it lol--if it were up to me it would not be spotless all the time

My hubby cleans ours every weekend-- except when he is at work... I dont know whay but I am thankful LOL

sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Quoting simple_ole_me:

I just cleaned out my fridge and found a rancid smelling cucumber wedged between the crispers, a red sticky substance spilled on the bottom, eight Tupperware bowls full of spoiled leftovers and eggs that expired months ago. So, tell me I'm not the only one with the occasional nasty refrigerator. Bonus points if you post pictures!

i am soooo not posting PROOF of the new lifeform developeing in the bottom of a drawer in my fridge til tomorrow night trash night. but you are not alone

Vandyswife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:21 PM

i clean my fridge once a week. and I only keep leftovers for a week, so by the next monday, if we havnt eatten whatever we ate on the last monday it gets thrown out. :)

I MUSTstay organized.

masastan
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:26 PM

No you aren't the only one. I have actually had worse, but, I don't have pictures. I think the worse one I had, I actually didn't end up cleaning, my mom did. Here is why: I had just come home from the hospital after an almost two week stay, last July, from a severe inner ear infection, a cerebral blood clot, and a pneumococcal form of bacterial menigitis. So, cleaning out the fridge around all the bacteria...not a good idea for me. My husband was supposed to do it before I got home, but his lazy ass didn't do a damn thing to clean the house and get it ready for me to come home to. When I got sick, I was the only one working ( a minimum wage job) and I was working double shifts almost daily and trying to keep the house picked up while taking care of our four kids. No, my husband didn't help at all, in fact, even though he was home most of the time when he wasn't "looking" for a job, I paid a baby sitter to watch the kids because I knew he wouldn't. So, after ending up in the hospital, he was supposed to deposit my check and pay bills. Well, he did only half of that (the deposit part), the money he blew through it and as a result, the electricity got cut off. Instead of doing anything about it, he went to stay with his grandma while I was in the hospital and took the kids to his mom! So, my parents turned it back on for me, but everything was ruined and there was a foul smell in my house for a week! It was so bad, I had to throw out the ice trays, and plastic wear that the food was in! Yes, we are getting a divorce now. That wasn't exactly the final straw, but my near death exp was a major wake up call to me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)