Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

International get together...pls help with recipes

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM
  • 11 Replies

Im going to have and international get together with my church group and would love some good recipes.. Can you all help me????I would appreciate all your help...

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenniy
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I make this sometimes and it's pretty good.  I found the recipe at cooks.com

SIMPLE CHICKEN CORDON BLEU  
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
4 slices Swiss or Provolone cheese
4 thin sliced smoked ham
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg; beaten
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream
Pound chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle each piece on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on each breast. Roll up each breast using toothpicks to secure if necessary. Dredge each in flour, shake off excess, then in egg and finally in bread crumbs. Place seam side down in baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Place 1 tablespoon butter on each piece of chicken.

Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine broth and whipping cream; season to taste (salt, pepper, garlic, oregano). Simmer on low stirring until thickened; Pour over chicken.

isra1986
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Do you want recipes from other countries?

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

lostandfound34
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM

its kinda difficult to explain but I could walk you through making Lo mien

StarsChildren
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM

I can give you a number of recipes from Italy, but it depends on how much your willing to do because most of them are made from scratch.

syida
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I would love anything you can give me from other countries... I want this to be a great experience for my friends and when they leave they will remember your recipes   forever....

mamivon2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Let me see what I can find.

mamivon2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:55 AM

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/swiss-fondue-recipe/index.html

fondue is a traditional dish

Rosti is also famous and very good.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Swiss-Rosti-64780

My mom used to put zuchini in it and squash. Sometimes she would use bacon and potatoes. Its basically hashbrowns.

ArmyGal
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM

They like might some seasoned green bean sprouts. My DD loves this and it's easy to make.Called Sukuju Namal in Korean.

(Prep time – 2 minutes, Cooking time – 10 minutes)

• Green bean sprouts 250 g
  • Salt – ½ tsp
  • Sesame oil – 1 tsp
  • Minced garlic – 1/8 tsp
  • Finely chopped green onion – 2 tsp
  • Parched sesame – 1/8 tsp                                                    

1. Rinse the green bean sprouts in cold water, discard the bad beans.
  2. Boil some water in a pot. (I used 3 cups of water)
  3. Add the green bean sprouts when the water starts to boil.
  4. Par boil them for 2 minutes.
  5. Drain the water. Cool down the sprouts. (if you lift them with tongs or chopsticks frequently, it cools down faster.)
  6. Add the salt on top (sprinkle it all over the place) and leave it like that for 3 minutes.
  7. Squeeze the green bean sprouts with your hands. (discard the water if it comes out)
  8. Add the rest of the seasoning sauce, and mix them well.
  9. Serve them on a dish.

http://mykoreankitchen.com/2007/01/10/seasoned-green-bean-sprouts-sukju-namul-muchim-in-korean/

I made this a few weeks ago. My mom usually makes it for me. I was so proud of myself I took a pic lol.

syida
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:57 AM

oh i love fondue.. i went to a fondue restaurant years agoe and it was the best...thank you

syida
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Green bean sprouts will be a good idea for a big crowd... will use this one      thanks'

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)