Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things only seen on cafemom

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM
  • 84 Replies

What are some things you only see on cafemom but yet to see in real life?  I have yet to see a child ERF (not bashing at all, my daughter is still rear facing at 13 months) but I have never seen an older child, like over a year old, still RF.  Also, since being on cafemom I see a lot of moms on here who are against little girls wearing a bikini.  Again not bashing but as I was at the pool the other day I noticed many little girls wearing bikinis and then I had a pool party with my kids friends and every girl that was here had on a bikini. 

What are some things you only see on cafemom and not real life?

TrueBloodposter-1-1.jpg True Blood Season 3 image by amdisa       trueblood14.jpg True Blood - Season 3 image by gothic85   trueblood07.jpg True Blood - Season 3 image by gothic85   trueblood08.jpg True Blood - Season 3 image by gothic85

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunbun
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM

lol both of the things you mentioned.......

kdasgirl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:47 AM

I don't think I've seen a child over 1 and a half RF either. Hhhmm.. I never really thought about that until now. And that child was my own lol. I've never seen a woman "flop a boob out" to BF either. They are all very discrete. 

isra1986
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:47 AM

I have only seen 1 child besides DD ERF in my area.
I have yet to see the "whipping out the entire boob" woman that BF bashers talk about. I have never seen anyone else NIP but me either :(
I had never heard of a "sprinkle" baby shower before!

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

amanda357
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Yeah I have never seen a boob either when a mom was nursing.  Usually they are so descreet about it that I don't even notice it at all.

bopanddomsmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:49 AM

i've just never met so many rude ppl lol

amanda357
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:50 AM

LOL what are those?  Never heard of them. 

Quoting isra1986:

I have only seen 1 child besides DD ERF in my area.
I have yet to see the "whipping out the entire boob" woman that BF bashers talk about. I have never seen anyone else NIP but me either :(
I had never heard of a "sprinkle" baby shower before!

TrueBloodposter-1-1.jpg True Blood Season 3 image by amdisa       trueblood14.jpg True Blood - Season 3 image by gothic85   trueblood07.jpg True Blood - Season 3 image by gothic85   trueblood08.jpg True Blood - Season 3 image by gothic85

amanda357

Very very true!!

Quoting bopanddomsmom:

i've just never met so many rude ppl lol

masastan

Actually, I know many moms who actually do not let their little girl wear a bikini. I have seen that in real life. There was a daycare that I used to work for whose policy on swimsuits, even for the toddlers, that if you wore a bikini, a t-shirt must be worn over it. One piece swimsuits were preferred. The same applied to the teachers. Boys also had to wear a t-shirt to swim in.

ForeverInLove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:52 AM
How about out and out bashing a woman having a conversation about anything. I've never seen women gang up on another woman for her opinion. I've never seen any woman walk up to another woman and decide to bash on her for what's she wearing, looks like, or how she talks with or around her children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snugglesaurus
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I have seen drama start in posts about the most benign and mundane things. Things you would think couldn't possibly start drama. It's insane.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

How about out and out bashing a woman having a conversation about anything. I've never seen women gang up on another woman for her opinion. I've never seen any woman walk up to another woman and decide to bash on her for what's she wearing, looks like, or how she talks with or around her children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)