Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bedwetting

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:54 AM
  • 4 Replies

my 3 year old son has been potty trained for well over a year and was not wetting during the night for nearly 10 months but the past 2 months he has started wetting again at night. He was diagnosed with bladder spasms b/c he was going during the day nearly every 10-15 minutes. I do not give him caffine, carbonation or cool aid. His dad/grandmother however, I'm pretty sure do. He was given Ditrapan and I told his dad/grandma to only give him milk, juice and water. it seemed to help but it has gotten bad at night. He wets 3 times a week if not more. I have even tried cutting out anything to drink as early as 6:30. What can I do? I dont want to hav e to keep him on meds. i need sugestions please! ..so any advice?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
okhsmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM

One of my boys had spasms.  Are you on a program to retrain your son's bladder?  My one with spasms loved to explore every bathroom once he was potty trained.  He would hold his bladder and then at a new place need to go.  This just really messed up his signals and stretched his bladder to the point of not being able to completely empty.  We had to schedule opportunities to pee every hour to get him back on schedule.  It was like house breaking a puppy.  Did your son have an ultrasound when his bladder was full then again empty?  That was part of diagnosing my son.  Good luck.  Hopefully you'll not need the medicine very long.

Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM

My 4, 7 and sometimes 6 year old still wet the bed. I limit drinks at night and they all have to wear Goodnights. I also have plastic on all the beds so the mattresses don't get ruined.

AustinsMommy306
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:10 PM

really the only thing you can do is prepare.....palstic sheets, good nights all that stuff....

but comin from a LONG time bed wetter do not punish him. i'm 24 years old. i wet the bed until i was nearly 17 years old. my parents tried everything. but i'm totally convinced it's hereditary. if u didn't have a problem ask ur hubs or his parents or ur parents if there is a history in either family.

mom2dane07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Quoting AustinsMommy306:

really the only thing you can do is prepare.....palstic sheets, good nights all that stuff....

but comin from a LONG time bed wetter do not punish him. i'm 24 years old. i wet the bed until i was nearly 17 years old. my parents tried everything. but i'm totally convinced it's hereditary. if u didn't have a problem ask ur hubs or his parents or ur parents if there is a history in either family.

i would never punish him for wetting the bed. i did have problems when I was younger too with wetting too. I dont talk to my ex so im not sure if he had probs and he would never admit if he did. im afraid that when Dane is over there, that they will give him all the drinks that the dr said not to..thats just the way they are. :o(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)