Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you use Crib Bumpers?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM
  • 51 Replies

Do you use a bumper in your babies crib?

Do you know the safety guidelines for crib bumpers?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tippymorgan08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM

With our first we used a mesh breathable bumper. With our second I haven't used any bumper at all and she's been fine.

Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:03 PM

My first child never slept in his crib, but we had the bumpers on there. 14 months later I had my second child and I personally thought that the bumpers were a suffocation hazard. I took them off and have never used them again. I honestly think they are dangerous. 

snugglesaurus
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I have never used one of those. I have heard if you weave it through the bars, it's less of a hazard and I know they make mesh crib bumpers too, so it serves the purpose w/o the sids risk.

MarchMarie
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:04 PM

My son never used his crib, but we did get the mesh bumpers to keep his legs inside since he was a wiggle worm in case we ever decided to use it.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:04 PM

We started to use a crib bumper when Prince Nico was able to easily roll from front to back, and vice versa.

It became a necessity once he could roll over because he would bash his poor little head on the bars and wake up every half hour. Lol.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I use bumpers and have never had a problem. I put them on then put the matress in so it's tucked in tight.

bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:07 PM
She was in her bassinett until she was 6 months. Then in her pack and play until she was 8 months. Then she went in her bed with a bumper. She always ended up with her face in the corner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CTRedSoxMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Do you guys know how many crib bumper related deaths their are yearly?

masastan
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Out of my four children, only one ever slept in a crib. The rest slept in bassinets, swing, my dd used to only sleep in a reclining position - so she was normally in her car seat, or they co-slept with me. I did use a bumper for the first four months with my oldest, then took it out because he could roll and that meant he could suffocate if he rolled against it. I am expecting number five in July and we are not going to use a crib at all. There have been too many problems reported with them. We got the new Fisher Price seat that is approved for sleeping and a pack N play that has everything. In my opinion, they shouldn't make the bumper pads anymore at all, but they do.

another.melissa
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Yes we used one and my daughter is alive and well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)