Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 7 yr old dd cut her hair

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:22 PM
  • 8 Replies

so she slept over my moms house last night i get a phone call this morning that she cut her hair .idk how bad it is .she was trying to cut her hair tie outta her hair cause it was stuck and ended up cutting her hair thats the story i got .she is mixed and has really pretty curly hair .i am so upset i started crying when i got off the phone .my mom said not to be to hard on her ,she said she cried for 3 hrs saying t hat i was gonna kill her and that she didnt mean to do it .i am just shocked right now .idk what to do i know it will grow back but she is 7 i have had so many talks with her about this cause i know so many kids who cut there hair and messed it up i am hoping its in the back or the middle so i can hide it .words of wisdom will greatly help right now

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:25 PM

aww honey! when you see her tell her how PRETTY SHE LOOKS and how much you love her, that you are glad she didnt get hurt using the scissors and next time please ask an adult for help if she cant reach. maybe take her to a hair stylist to get it evened out if it needs it. but keep praising her on how pertty and fresh the new hair cut is. etc. etc. build her up. dont let her know you are upset inside. i would be upset inside too. i cried when alex's har was cut shorter . but not where he could see ya know?

Not.So.Virginal
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:26 PM

I would wait to see how bad it is before reacting..... it may be nothing, it may be a HUGE change

D.Tetz
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Honestly don't go to hard on her... I think every kid does this once in their life... I did...and I know MANY kids who did... it sucks but it will grow back and I know I was equally upset about my hair and how it looked when I did it!

Brianav
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:28 PM
Lol. At least it's summer vacay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Dont be too harsh-- she obviously knows how mad you are going to be so I would take it easy on her--it will grow back and everything will be alright.

allurasmamma
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I actually remember cutting my hair. Right off the top front. lol.

My sister cut one of her pony tails right off. lol

Be sure to tell her how pretty she looks, because she is prob self conscious about it.

IloveBilly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Just try to remember that she is young and just made a mistake! She probally feels so bad and is being so hard on herself right now that if you started making her feel bad, it would be too much!!! Just talk to her and tell her from now on that if her hair ties get stuck, dont cut them herself but go to an adult to fix it! Things like this happen and it is part of growing up!!!
dsebastian23
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:37 PM

My 4 1/2 year old went from this to......

this she cried and cried

This is how we had to get it cut to fix it....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)