• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went to the E.R. Last night at like 11pm

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

Yesterday around 7pm I was walking to the store when I got this pain under my tounge.  Like it was burning and it got pretty bad.  then it started to ease up. Stayed annoyng till around 11pm. At which point it blew up like a baloon coming out of my throat.  My right side kinda looked like jabba the hut.  So i jump in car service and head over to the hospital.  They were jammed pack and all the curtain rooms were full and there were beds in front of those rooms and then even more beds in front of those.  Which is where they put me.  By the time a dr came to see me the actual lump was gone and the swelling had pretty much disipated.  they take my temp which was 97.9 I never felt feverish.  2 nurses checked my temp and  both were in the 97 range.  The dr comes and decides i'm too warm for her and wants to take my temp rectally.  Was not going to happen. They take 2 cultures and assume its strep.  I ended up leaving the hospital came home and took 2 benedryl tablets and it all went away.  Do have a bit of a sore throat today and appointment with my reg doctor tomorrow morning.  never goin to the ER again unless i absolutley have to.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
No_Worries
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM

wow that sucks, but it sounds like u had an allergic reaction to something, did u eat anything dif?

sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Quoting Msgme:

Yesterday around 7pm I was walking to the store when I got this pain under my tounge.  Like it was burning and it got pretty bad.  then it started to ease up. Stayed annoyng till around 11pm. At which point it blew up like a baloon coming out of my throat.  My right side kinda looked like jabba the hut.  So i jump in car service and head over to the hospital.  They were jammed pack and all the curtain rooms were full and there were beds in front of those rooms and then even more beds in front of those.  Which is where they put me.  By the time a dr came to see me the actual lump was gone and the swelling had pretty much disipated.  they take my temp which was 97.9 I never felt feverish.  2 nurses checked my temp and  both were in the 97 range.  The dr comes and decides i'm too warm for her and wants to take my temp rectally.  Was not going to happen. They take 2 cultures and assume its strep.  I ended up leaving the hospital came home and took 2 benedryl tablets and it all went away.  Do have a bit of a sore throat today and appointment with my reg doctor tomorrow morning.  never goin to the ER again unless i absolutley have to.

sounds much more like an allergic reaction to something! holy wow! that could have been life threatening fast. a little scary. i would personaly definitely have your Dr do an allergy screening if its NOT strep.

chocokitty88
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I'm guessing allergy? Wow, hope you feel better and find out what it is though!

allmyblessings
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:36 PM
Quoting No_Worries:

wow that sucks, but it sounds like u had an allergic reaction to something, did u eat anything dif?

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Quoting sati769leigh:

Quoting Msgme:

sounds much more like an allergic reaction to something! holy wow! that could have been life threatening fast. a little scary. i would personaly definitely have your Dr do an allergy screening if its NOT strep.

The thing is my breething was never affected.  It started to get harder and harder to swallow anything.  Thats when I got up to look in the mirror and decided it was time to go to the hospital.

when it first happend  I remember feeling like a bee sting or maybe a bite but it was under my tounge and I thought that was strange.  then it started to burn.    My dh thinks i must of swallowed a bug or something which is gross.   Hopefully the dr tomorrow can tell me more.   Its still a lil sore where it all started.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Wow, how scary! Glad you're feeling better now, and hope they get you all sorted out soon.

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)