Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help Me Feel Better

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:32 PM
  • 13 Replies

Well, we leave to Disney at 2am... and yesterday my little one (18 months) woke up with a fever.  My almost 2 year old had a virus/sinus infection last week that gave her high fever for 6 days... she could possibly do the same.  I took her to Urgent Care yesterday and her throat was red, doc said could be viral but gave her zithromax just in case since we were going on vacation.  We are in Texas so we will leave our small town at 2 to get to the airport by 5:30am and our flight leaves at 7:05am.  Well, Maddy woke up with 102.8 again and we decided she will stay behind.  The florida heat would be cruel for a baby with a fever, plus - I would hate to pass it to all the other people on vacation.  So, now DH is so heartbroken that he is being plain old mean... saying I should have never planned this vacay as all our kids are just too young!  My other kids are 6,5, and almost 3 (7/18)  So please, help my heart feel a little better... She will be with Grandma, where she loves to be!  TIA!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adri_nevarez
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:38 PM

=(  no one? 

fairymom2316
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Aww, that sucks that she got sick!! I think it's for the best leaving her with grandma, she might get the others sick too. As for your hubby, he probably had it in his head that it was going to be a family thing and doesn't want her to stay. I hope that as soon as you get there, he will be in a better mood. It's too hot over there right now so staying home would be best for her!

gingerwife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Your hubby should stop being a jerk and be more supportive of you. It's not your fault your itty bitty got sick! And if she would be happier at grandmas rather than the heat at a theme park than by golly thats whats best for her. Isnt that what he wants for her? Dont feel bad AT ALL! The rest of you will have more fun this way as well and she wouldn't have remembered it anyway being that young.  Don't feel bad!

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:03 PM

aww im sorry hubby probably feels bad that you have to leave the LO behind but it wouldn't be much fun to her anyways and the others IMO are all old enough to enjoy it im sorry mama hugsssssssss

MPWifeJessicia
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I'm sorry your LO is sick, but she is with grandma; she will have tons of fun there! Plus, if she gets any sicker, grandma can take her to her normal doc. Try to not worry too much about it, and enjoy your vacation! I know your hubby is probably just disappointed, but sometimes things can't be helped. I just looked at your profile, and she's not even two yet? She won't even remember it, and she has no clue where you guys are. I would just call and check in every so often, and make sure you get to talk to her. Hugs, Momma!

adri_nevarez
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Thanks... So many people said I should leave her at home when she was not sick, and now that she is I have no choice.  She has HUGE molars coming in, plus that throat infection and a 102 fever (motrin relieves that right away)... I feel awful, but happy for my big girls too - ya k now?

Quoting fairymom2316:

Aww, that sucks that she got sick!! I think it's for the best leaving her with grandma, she might get the others sick too. As for your hubby, he probably had it in his head that it was going to be a family thing and doesn't want her to stay. I hope that as soon as you get there, he will be in a better mood. It's too hot over there right now so staying home would be best for her!

adri_nevarez
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Thanks.  You know I was supposed to have a "honeymoon" that I never got on this trip to Hawaii, but I decided to spend that money on DIsney since we are a family now... I tried to include everyone, but she would be miserable there and make all of our trip miserable too. 

Quoting gingerwife:

Your hubby should stop being a jerk and be more supportive of you. It's not your fault your itty bitty got sick! And if she would be happier at grandmas rather than the heat at a theme park than by golly thats whats best for her. Isnt that what he wants for her? Dont feel bad AT ALL! The rest of you will have more fun this way as well and she wouldn't have remembered it anyway being that young.  Don't feel bad!

adri_nevarez
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Thanks.  Yeah, we have friends that have taken their baby to Disney since she was 6 months old - but she is an only child.  Dealing with a cranky baby and big kids that want to do stuff is not fun =(...

Quoting bluebunbun:

aww im sorry hubby probably feels bad that you have to leave the LO behind but it wouldn't be much fun to her anyways and the others IMO are all old enough to enjoy it im sorry mama hugsssssssss

adri_nevarez
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Thanks.  She LOVES being at Grandmas - and tells me NO when I try to get her to come home.  She is 19 months old... so she isn't very fond of being restrained for long periods of time and wouldn't understand why she would have to be stuck in a stroller all day anyways.  I really feel bad for her, but fever and heat are not a good combo!

Quoting MPWifeJessicia:

I'm sorry your LO is sick, but she is with grandma; she will have tons of fun there! Plus, if she gets any sicker, grandma can take her to her normal doc. Try to not worry too much about it, and enjoy your vacation! I know your hubby is probably just disappointed, but sometimes things can't be helped. I just looked at your profile, and she's not even two yet? She won't even remember it, and she has no clue where you guys are. I would just call and check in every so often, and make sure you get to talk to her. Hugs, Momma!

Mommy2_two
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:01 PM

She would be miserable anyway. At least all the other kids will have a good time and you LO will have a good time with Grandma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)