Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need ideas. Please help or at least bump.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:38 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok ladies. Here is my dilemma.

Next Saturday will be mine and dh's anniversary. We can't really afford to go out, so I thought I would cook a nice romantic meal for the 2 of us. (my wonderful mother is keeping our boys).

We like Chinese food, steak, Italian food. Any ideas would be great. TIA
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM

You have to make this

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/pork-spinach-and-ricotta-manicotti-recipe/index.html

If he likes Italian it will BLOW his mind up. I made this a month or so back and it blew my hubby (I true to heart Nanny loving goomba) out of the water!

kylenkodysmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:51 PM
That does sound yummy. Anybody else got anything for me so I can present dh with a variety if things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyinAug08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Mmmm...I would make shrimp Alfredo (DH favorite Italian dish since he hates Italian food, lol) Also, I would buy a bottle of chardonnay and maybe some chocolate covered strawberries for dessert for later =) . Then you could always use the left over strawberries for snacks for the kids. 

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:10 PM

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/pan-sauteed-filet-mignon-with-caramel-brandy-mushroom-sauce-recipe/index.html

I made this for DH and myself for Valentines day. I'm probably going to make it again for our anniversary which is on the 4th. It was literally THE best meal I have ever eaten. I made asparagus for a side dish. You should definitely make it, its not hard to make but it does take some prep time.

ff-princess
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:16 PM

grilled ribeyes with a season salt / garlic powder / pepper rub, sliced potatoes with a spice blend and butter over them, wrapped in foil and grilled with the meat (make sure to spray the foil with pam before adding potatoes), and a caeseer salad

kylenkodysmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:41 PM
That sounds good and we both LOVE aspargus.

Quoting tinkerxbell:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/pan-sauteed-filet-mignon-with-caramel-brandy-mushroom-sauce-recipe/index.html

I made this for DH and myself for Valentines day. I'm probably going to make it again for our anniversary which is on the 4th. It was literally THE best meal I have ever eaten. I made asparagus for a side dish. You should definitely make it, its not hard to make but it does take some prep time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:02 AM

If you end up trying it, let me know how it turned out.

Quoting kylenkodysmom:

That sounds good and we both LOVE aspargus.

Quoting tinkerxbell:

ditsyjo
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:12 AM

spinach and mushroom manacoti Cook your manacoti noodles then stuff them with this,

half cottage cheese and half ricotta                                                                                                1 egg                                                                                                                                                                 1/2 cup frozen spinach thawed and drained                                                                           1/4 cup chopped freshmushrooms                                                                                                     1/2 cup grated mozerella and parm cheese                                                                         salt and pepper to taste                         mix well

Lay them in a baking pan and cover with spagetti sauce and mozerella cheese bake covered with foil for 1/2 hour then uncover and bake another 10 min or until cheese is bubbly

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:13 AM

what about surf and turf -- get lobsters- and make some filet mignon on the grill??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)