Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

25 year old mom to (almost) 2 kids and starting COLLEGE next year:-}

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just filled out my FAFSA I'm so nervous and excited.  My dream is to be an RN and go on to midwifery.  I am going to school next year for the phlebotomy program.  It is only 1 semester and I just want to make sure I can actually handle school, because I'm just nervous, I feel like I'm so old to be starting COLLEGE, but I want to better myself, I want to follow my dream and do something I love.  I'm scared if I start the nursing program and I can't handle school I won't have anything to show for it.  At least if I go and do the phlebotomy if I can't handle it, I have a certificate to show and I can get a better job than I can now. 

Any advice from mamas out there who started school later and with kids?  I'm so nervous and feel like I'm gonna be in class with a bunch of right out of highschool kids and everyone will think I'm so oooooold.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tiff503
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:52 PM

My mom went back to school for nursing with 3 kids and graduated while pregnant with my youngest sister..She was in her 30s..I know a few other from my hometown that have gone back to school for a nursing degree around your age. I am 29 and a few that are older than me just passed the test for their nursing degree. So good luck with everything.

LStambaugh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM

You will do fine!  I go to community college and it is a good mix of younger/older people in every class.  The only adivce I can give is take yourself to the library to study.  For me it gets hard to study at home.  I always endup getting distracted!!

CeeLee85
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:02 PM

BUMP!

ashleigh24
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM
I am also planning on going back to college this year. I went right out of high school but dropped out like 3 months into it. Im 24 now and i want to be a teacher. Im excited and nervous too. I applied for community college today and as soon as im accepted i will be filling out my fafsa too. Good luck to you momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CeeLee85
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:25 PM

i went out of high school too but not for long and i sure didn't take it seriously.  i have some motivation now with 1 kid and 1 on the way:)

the deadline for the FASFA is june 30th for 2011 school year so you might want to just fill it out and put the school you are applying to on it just to make sure you get it for 2011.

good luck to you too!

Quoting ashleigh24:

I am also planning on going back to college this year. I went right out of high school but dropped out like 3 months into it. Im 24 now and i want to be a teacher. Im excited and nervous too. I applied for community college today and as soon as im accepted i will be filling out my fafsa too. Good luck to you momma!

pregogirl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:30 PM

I am also starting school in Sept. I work full time (at night) and take care of my son during the day. I am nervous and excited at the same time...Just hope I am not biting more then i can chew. LOL. Anyways. I am in the same situation so I cant give advice until I go through it. If you need support I am here for you! :)

pregogirl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:31 PM
Bump. I hate being a post killer. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CeeLee85
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:01 PM

LOL bump

Quoting pregogirl:

Bump. I hate being a post killer. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)