Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
My 7 month fell off the bed... He cried hard for about a min, nursed and now is acting normal. Should I take him to er just to be safe? 1st time mom with my mom out of the country btw so just worried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Stepof5mom1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:53 PM

How tall was the bed?

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:53 PM

He should be fine.

Just keep an eye on him, if he starts acting strange, call your ped.

My oldest fell off the bed more times than I could count, never anything that a cuddle from mama couldn't fix. .

Karyanne24
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM
It's maybe 2 ft if that. My frame broke so I just have the box spring and mattress now.

Quoting Stepof5mom1:

How tall was the bed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvBugsLuvy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM

When this happened to my son, I called the PEDS office (the doctor always calls you if after hours) She told me that the crying is good, he did not black out but if the crying was persistent then there would be worry, also the general area of the head that was hit sometimes might cause concern. She said it was my call because things do happen, but to keep a close eye on him. Just give your PEDS a call to give yourself some peace of mind, it's better to be safe than sorry!

elizabr
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Call your Pediatrician and ask.  Watch him for signs of sleepiness, swelling, & irritability.

LuvBugsLuvy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:02 PM

2ft that's not to bad of a drop for a 7month old but if something is broke or fracture the baby would be whimpering or crying @ least that was what I was told. Nursing makes it all better! Keep your eagle-eyes on him :)

Quoting Karyanne24:

It's maybe 2 ft if that. My frame broke so I just have the box spring and mattress now.

Quoting Stepof5mom1:

How tall was the bed?

WhitleyLyles
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Your baby is fine...

My grandmother used to say that they needed to fall off the bed before they turn one... I dont know

Both of mine have fallen of and they are fine-- well not really they both act like little heathens but that has nothing to do with faling off the bed LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)