• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh! Really?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:55 PM
  • 2 Replies

So June 1st I dropped a parafin foot spa on my foot. It was heavy because I had about 4 pounds of wax in there. I was getting ready to throw it away and the box broke. I dropped it right below my big toe and the bottom of my foot started to swell up. I went to urgent care later that night and they told me it wasn't broken and that a bruise would come out in a few days.

The bruise has come and gone and it's almost the end of the month now. The swelling is still there. When I put my foot on the floor my toes don't even touch the floor. I'm not in pain usually during the day but if I've been cleaning or doing laundry (it's down in the basement) by the time my boys go to bed my foot is hurting a lot.

I've never had anything that has taken this long to heal and it's really quite frustrating. I don't understand why it's not healed especially if it was just bruised and the bruise has come and gone.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Daemons_mommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Anyone ever had something like this happen to them? I am just wondering if I hurt the tendons or something.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I dropped a jar top thing on my big toe, right on the joint where my toe meets my foot. Mine also wasn't broken, but it was better in a couple of weeks. Since it hasn't improved, maybe go back to the doctor and let them take another look.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)