Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I got food poisoning from subway (TMI)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:10 PM
  • 27 Replies

I don't know if I should go to the hospital or not.

I ate a sub sandwich from subway yesterday afternoon. A few hours later I started having diarhea and nausea. I have been on the toilet every 10-15 minutes since. About 4 in the morning I also started throwing up. I have been trying to drink as much fluids as I can but I am starting to feel weak now.

Has anyone had food poisoning and if so when did you decide it was time to seek medical attention?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I think if you are starting to feel weak and can't keep anything down it would be a good time to go. You sound dehydrated.

christiea
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM
Same thing happened to my dad.. do you have any anti nasuea pills
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Sometimes I get it but Pepto Bismol usually helps. Or Immodium helps too although IMO it tastes really bad lol

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Never had it.

sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:12 PM

it is HIGHLY unlikelyit was the subway sub that made you sick. MOST food illnesses take more time than that to manifest. I have had food poisoning. i sat on the toilet with a bowl in my lap and a HUGE glass of water nearby. i kept hydrating and hydrating until it was over. however i would say if this goes on more than 24 hours you really need to call your family Dr just in case.

collegemama2one
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:13 PM

food posioning doesn't start until 12 hours later.... not a couple hours later

HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I don't have any anti nausea pills :(. I am not sure If I am feeling weak from just being tired or all the diarhea and vomiting.

sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Quoting collegemama2one:

food posioning doesn't start until 12 hours later.... not a couple hours later

there are a few rare ones that can start within a few hours. but you are correct almost all take 12 hours minimum to kick in.

teacup714

where do you live? i work at a subway near chicago, and i know that there is a salmonella outbreak in some subways in central illinois...

sati769leigh

Quoting HeartofGold:

I don't have any anti nausea pills :(. I am not sure If I am feeling weak from just being tired or all the diarhea and vomiting.

are you peeing? is it bright or dark yellow? and less than usual?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)