Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you vote for a prision change like this?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:13 PM
  • 342 Replies

Poll

Question: read bellow would you support a prision like this?

Options:

yes

no

with modifications yes

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 254

View Results

all food must be raised, grown AND MADE (the cooking duties would be done in rounds each person would have a set date they must cook) by the prisioners if a prisioner does not work he/she does not eat (if they are sick that is a diffrent matter) there would be a gaurd per so many prisioners each gaurd will watch over a certian group (lie 10 - 15 prisioners) to ensure they are not causing harm to anyone or anything

to suport the prision as far as electricity and water THEY must raise money by making stuff and giving it to the prision to sell it. It could be sewing clothing under supervision, basket weaving, necklaces ext ext

No luxireis at all no tv, no magizines NOTHING the only thing not paid (edit By the inmates) is staff

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I think that's a little extreme, but they should definitely have to earn their keep somehow & no luxuries for sure.

chelleybeans
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Heck yes! Why should they get to live for free? We pay for them to live there! They should have to still work for their crap just like we do! Not get a free ride!

sati769leigh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:16 PM

i like the tent prisons in arizona i think it is? only the BARE essentials and that is IT. fuck this telelvision, computer, book BULLSHIT.

messijessi
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:16 PM

i think to an extent it would be a good idea i mean you cant starve a person to death , then they would get in trouble . but ya make them responsible for there upkeep not the tax payers

gypsy_rose
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:17 PM

i think the ONLY thing we should have to pay for is the wages for the staff that is it.

Quoting chelleybeans:

Heck yes! Why should they get to live for free? We pay for them to live there! They should have to still work for their crap just like we do! Not get a free ride!

gypsy_rose

well people go without food for a few days they will learn to work for their food

Quoting messijessi:

i think to an extent it would be a good idea i mean you cant starve a person to death , then they would get in trouble . but ya make them responsible for there upkeep not the tax payers

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Eh, it's a nice idea but kind of not fair, because if they made stuff to sell who's to say the prison could sell it? Even if it was good stuff alot of people don't have money to buy things, and some guards/staff there would be asses and not try hard enough to sell.

Plus, how would they grow their own food in winter? Idk anything about gardening but I don't know of any foods that can be grown with snow all over lol

CafeMom Tickers
chelleybeans

Yup, that is here in AZ and I love it and think it should all be like that!

Quoting sati769leigh:

i like the tent prisons in arizona i think it is? only the BARE essentials and that is IT. fuck this telelvision, computer, book BULLSHIT.

gypsy_rose
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:19 PM

you grow it and store it for the winter. Pickiling, canning EXT EXT

Quoting carterscutie85:

Eh, it's a nice idea but kind of not fair, because if they made stuff to sell who's to say the prison could sell it? Even if it was good stuff alot of people don't have money to buy things, and some guards/staff there would be asses and not try hard enough to sell.

Plus, how would they grow their own food in winter? Idk anything about gardening but I don't know of any foods that can be grown with snow all over lol

StarsChildren
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:19 PM

They'd be eating better then most other people, lol.

I know of a prison outside the US that is run similar to that.
They garden (plant, grow, harvest) all there own food or stuff they need to make the food, certain people are giving the ok to do the cooking (because they have skills, and they do receive pay for that). All the food is organically grown, fresh milk is there (milk from a cow kinda fresh). They also make things, sewing, pottery, all kinds of stuff and it is sold outside the prison. They are allowed some luxuries, but not many.
From what I've heard of it, I'd like to be sent to prison there lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)