Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i just can't decide what to do..........

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:32 PM
  • 2 Replies

my daughter only got her first whooping cough vax when she was 2 months and then i started selective vaxing.....now that the whoop has hit cali i can't decide if maybe i shouldn't just start her on the series again......she gotten other shots and i had planned on her getting the DTaP too....but was going to wait until she was older because i'm so worried about sids.......she only 8 1/2 months.

i'm just talking it out here.....if anyone has input i'd love to hear it.

my other 2 children are fully vaxed and i was thinking i'd go for my booster (guess that's something they do now) but with the baby still being so small it's like i'm as scared of the vaccination as i am of the disease.......

not wanting to cause a debate.....just not sure what to do with this one.

vaccinations dd HAS gotten are the hib.....prevnar......rota.


by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I'm a vax mom, so I'd go, but I think this is such a personal choice that only you can decide what's best for you and for your family.

eringobrough
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:34 PM

I'm also a vaxing mom.  My research indicates that whooping cough is far more dangerous to an infant than the vaccine is.  Infants more vulnerable to the disease, at a higher risk of death, and so the vaccine is inportant for them.  Also, the scientific evidence does not support a link between vaccines and SIDS.  In fact, some studies suggest that vaccines reduce the risk of SIDS.  It's also smart of you to update your vaccines.  It will help keep your infant safer too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)